"He's a Jehovah"

by logansrun 22 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

Have you ever thought that "Jehovahs Witnesses" is a difficult name to pronounce for a religion? If I had a dollar for every time in my life someone said, "Oh, you're a Jehovah, aren't you?" Yes. That's right. I'm a Jehovah. Not THE Jehovah, but A Jehovah. Damn. "Jehovah's Witness." It just doesn't flow well, does it? Joe Rutherford was a good salesman, but a nifty namer of sects he was not. B.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

"Bible students" sound awfully generic

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Thats the way my mom would say it.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Well, perhaps "Charlie Russel's Flying Bible Students" would have been better.

• blondie
    blondie

That's why I would say I'm a Christian.

Blondie

• myownsaviorthankyoumuch
    myownsaviorthankyoumuch

ROTFLMFAO, good one Logan, it may have caught on had he thrown in a dead parrot!!!

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

cults always have difficult names. Everyone who isnt part of the group tries to shorten the name down:

Jehovah's Witnesses definately need an easier name to call them, but its not so bad, when you realize other cults have same problem:

Internatinal Society for Krishna Consciuosness: The Hare Krishnas

Holy Spirit Association for the Unification of Christian Spirit: The Moonies

Students of the Seven Seals: Branch Davidians

Church of Scientology: Idiots

Order of the Solar Temple : Dead Idiots

The People's Temple: Very Dead Idiots

• logansrun
    logansrun

Gita: You forgot the tiring, "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" Whew! That's a mouthful!!

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I never understood that one. It seems to imply there may be more then one Jesus Christ.. If there is a Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, there may be a Jesus Christ of Home Depot, Jesus Christ of the Rest Stop on Exit 112, and so forth.

• MorpheuzX
    MorpheuzX

It could be worse. Rutherford could have decided on Yahweh's Yackers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit