e-watchman, thoughts from past topic

by confusedjw 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I was looking back and a month ago there was a topic about e-watchman and who he was and why he would expose the WT with one side of his mouth and encourage loyalty with the other side. I wonder if these might be the reasons...

1. He himself claims to be of the anointed and truly believes he is helping to expose the "evil slave" amongst Jehovah's people.

2. By encouraging loyalty to the WT he doesn't scare away the numberous active witnesses who read his columns and send in questions. They read and stay in the congregations. (Although the WT might see that as like mixing clay with iron.)

3. He really sees the WT as the ones doing the best at "giving proper food at the proper time" which will THEN be appointed and THEN corrected by Jesus and Jehovah.

I thought the previous posts were a bit overly critical of someone doing so well at offering truths.

Please don't flame me to a crisp.

• gespro
    gespro

Hi Confused

WOW this must be a record. Nearly 9 hours on the board and no replies!

This reminds me how some folks talked about Ray Franz. Some people think he didn't blast the WT hard enough. I'm of the thinking that more people will listen to someone talking calmly opposed to ranting. Granted, there are a lot of hurt people who have left and I think it we have to go full circle before we can listen to reasoning again. I don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater but anger blinds some of us and we stop listening after leaving the WT.

I have read E-Watchman and I am STILL trying to figure what to do...

just my $.02

g

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Well I got my wish and haven't gotten flamed.

Right - as you said "still trying to figure out what to do." Me too really.

I have often been in between decisions and needing to make a choice. If it's not clear I often just wait and finally the better decision becomes obvious rather than forcing one.

• Flash
    Flash

"...why he would expose the WT with one side of his mouth and encourage loyalty with the other side. I wonder if these might be the reasons..."

Hello and welcome,

I'm not too familar with e-watchman, though I can relate to some of the reasons you've listed.

My personal view is the Witnesses ARE God's people, just screwed up. LOL

• PinTail
    PinTail

Why do so many people refer to the witness's as "Jehovah's people" if they were Jehovahs people they would not be lied to over the years. Or they refer to the teachings of Jehovah's Witness's as the "truth" if it was the truth it would not need exsplaining as to being seemingly a lie as to the events of the future not coming true. As the Mormons say: to their flock (don't ask questions about secret things.)

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

From one of his articles, in fact the first one I ever read after discovering his site, I believe that is exactly where he's coming from. And he's never boring!

That was so funny, and kind of cute, asking the other posters here not to flame you to a crisp. LOL. Very good.

• Flash
    Flash

"Why do so many people..."

Human pride and egos have always affected/infected God's people ancient and modern.

• trumangirl
    trumangirl

I was quite taken by ewatchman when I first discovered him - in fact his site was the first JW-based one I ever visited as a borg - a relative emailed a link to it to me. It enabled me to realise that to leave the org does not necessarily mean abandoning faith in God and the bible and having no hope. It broke through the sense of 'loyalty' I felt for the 'faithful and discreet slave'. To use a phrase, it was like 'scales falling from my eyes'.

Ewatchman is great on prophecies - he demolishes 1914 and the WT's other erroneous interpretations of prophecy. And he relates his interpretations to real life history and current events - most intriguing and plausible. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating - ie if the precursors to armagedon happen as he says, then we'll be justified in sitting up and taking more notice.

Where he falls down in my view is his unreasonable insistence that JWs are "Jehovah's organisation" despite so much evidence to the contrary. It is possible to take the concept of armageddon seriously without believing that God presently has a chosen organisation. Some ewatchman fans will try to stay in the org, but I tried this and found it too stressful - I found it stressful trying to stay quiet about things, having had my mind opened I wanted to study everythingelse besides the WT, and my social life was a nothing anyway because I was labelled as 'weak'.

Overall I think the net affect of ewatchman will be a loss of JWs out of the org. Which is good.

trumangirl

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Look at all worthy information and decide for yourself by analytical thinking.

You must release your burden before you can find your way again.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Don't make me quote scripture but everyone God likes tends to be blindly devouted with a massive tragic personality flaw. They also tend to lie with impunity. Hey if you can't lie have others do it for you ;) JWs represent Jehovah better than any other religion. I am proud to be one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit