SolidSender

:40

Edited by - SolidSender on 10 August 2000 3:53:52

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Give it a rest SS.

• waiting
    waiting

Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. Eric Hoffer

Steve Martin has basically one joke and he's it. Dave Felton

Give it a rest SS.

Again, give it a rest, SS. Not interested.

• BigQuestion
    BigQuestion

Edited by - bigquestion on 10 August 2000 5:26:13

• Zep
    Zep

Friends wandered off i feel...Last time i checked he was debating with this guy called JH over at H20...neither one wanted to back down, they are 2 peas in a pod...they'd be best of friends if they weren't on opposing sides.Both get off on legalistic debate.Both seem to be fighting for their faith, and wont give an inch.

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

Edited by - SolidSender on 10 August 2000 3:54:42

• Zep
    Zep

Actually they were arguing over "whether God has defined Good"....JH is an atheist and Friend obviously a believer, so theres a mix right there.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Zep,

I've been following that thread, and JH makes some good points. Don't necessarily agree with him, but good points.

Did you read the story of the Five Officers. Really makes a person stop and think about what kind of God that person is visualizing.

waiting

• Friend
    Friend

A truism for whom it may concern:

Great Minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.—Hyman Rickover

SolidRunAway

Just when are you going to evidence those accusations that you made of me? You know, where you accused that I [url= http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=626&page=3&site=3]consistently postulate and project highly subjective opinion as absolute objective fact.[/url] I don’t think compassion accommodates hurling unfounded criticisms and then running away. Am I wrong?

Zep et al,

The discussion that you reference is about a version of the Divine Command Theory. The particular one under scrutiny is called God Defines Good (or: God Creates Morality). It is an interesting discussion that promotes thought about ethics origins. Here is [url= http://www.cyberpass.net/~h2o/wwwboard/messages/265239.html]a link to the discussion[/url] if anyone wants to read it.

Friend

• BigQuestion
    BigQuestion

Dear wonderful, loving, spiritual giant, considerate, compassionate, knowledgeable, admirable, best person at arguing with others about which argument they are using in the whole wide world, knower of all Kingdom Hall Acquisition procedures, expert at defending the WTS when they stumbled the entire brotherhood with their involvement with the Jimmy Swaggart crowd, definer of all inappropriate settings, teller of more likely scenarios when other people are embellishing their posts, font of all facts, the prevalent rather than the peculiar, the norm rather than the exception & reincarnation of & reincarnation of Jesus Christ & Hyman Rickover himself, Brother Friend, it’s so good to have your divine presence back amongst us.

My name is BigQuestion and I’m presently studying the Bible with Jehovahs Witnesses. I am at the point where I am about to go out in the field service with the Pioneer Brother I’m studying with Brother Alex.

In preparation for this I’ve been reading over and memorizing your posts on this website just in case people at the doors ask me really difficult questions about things like the Gentile Times, The Blood Issue, do the Jehovah’s Witnesses have the Truth and so on.

I know the last time that I showed Brother Alex some of your writings from this web site he accused you of being an apostate and a member of the evil slave class but I don’t care. I know you must be right because you know how to prove the more likely scenario of any anecdote you hear. Also I’m not afraid of any argument anyone will bring up at the doors because after reading all your posts I think I’ve become quite expert at arguing with people about which argument they are using.

Here are some of your brilliant sayings I’ve memorized for the field service

If a householder asks me:

How do you really see your Society and its major docrines like 1914 and the whole revelation bit:

I will say:

The gentile times chronology is idiotic and untenable. Whether we live in a so-called time of the end is another discussion. On that question I think that it is possible that Jesus was referring to an end time beyond the 1st century destruction of Jerusalem. If it is true that Jesus did have a more futuristic application in mind then the question becomes, have we seen any unique fulfillment of his answer for a sign in our day. I think the answer to that question is, perhaps.

Regarding revelation, I do not know just what you have in mind. If you have in mind the Society’s notion that they are uniquely bestowed with understanding of the Bible, I do not agree with the Society’s contention on that point. I do not think they are any more or less inspired than any other person who might want to live right as a Christian according to the Bible.

If a householder asks me about the Disfellowshipping practices of the Society I will say:

The idea of shunning is scriptural. As for the Society’s shunning practices, I do not agree with them all. Particularly do I disagree with the certain features of the congregational judicial process.

If the householder asks me if I think the Jehovahs Witnesses have the Truth I will say:

The Truth” as in the only way to gain salvation? No. “The truth” in terms of being the only source of understanding scripture? No. “The truth” in terms of complete accuracy? Most certainly, No.

If the householder asks me what makes me stick with them ( the JW's) I will say:

They have a very strong drive to reach people with the Bible. I like that, and I enjoy having company that sticks with me as I too continue to reach as many people with the Bible as possible.

I think this time Brother Alex is going to be really proud of me and will begin to appreciate the genius that you really are Dear Brother Friend. Thank you so much for contributing toward my first successful day in the field. I can hardly wait to meet the householders and impart your life giving truths to them.

Sincerely. Big Question

Edited by - BigQuestion on 7 August 2000 5:47:29

Edited by - BigQuestion on 7 August 2000 5:55:48

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit