The funniest website I've ever seen

by DIM 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Swan
    Swan

This is very interesting.

Do you shun former members?

Those who become inactive in the congregation, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are not shunned. In fact, special effort is made to reach out to them and rekindle their spiritual interest. If, however, someone unrepentantly practices serious sins, such as drunkeness, stealing or adultery, he will be disfellowshipped and such an individual is avoided by former fellow-worshipers. Every effort is made to help wrongdoers. But if they are unrepentant, the congregation needs to be protected from their influence. The Bible clearly states: 'Remove the wicked man from among yourselves.' (1 Corinthians 5:13) Those who formally say they do not want to be part of the organization any more are also avoided. What of a man who is disfellowshipped but whose wife and children are still Jehovah's Witnesses? The spiritual ties he had with his family change, but blood ties remain. The marriage relationship and normal family affections and dealings can continue. As for disfellowshipped relatives not living in the same household, Jehovah's Witnesses apply the Bible's counsel: "Quit mixing with them." (1 Corinthians 5:11) Disfellowshipped individuals may continue to attend religious services and, if they wish, they may receive spiritual counsel from the elders with a view to their being restored. They are always welcome to return to the faith if they reject the improper course of conduct for which they were disfellowshipped.

What if a news reporter asked them point blank, "If a Jehovah's Witness went to fight in the war on terror in some country like Afghanistan, would he or she be shunned?"

I wonder how they would spin that? How would they squeak out of that question without appearing to be the self-serving unpatriotic hypocrites they truly are? I guess that's why they never let themselves be interviewed. Morely Safer would chew them up and spit them out.

Tammy

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

I wonder how they would spin that? How would they squeak out of that question without appearing to be the self-serving unpatriotic hypocrites they truly are?

I wish I could say that their lying over the blood issue angered me the most. I wish I could say that the most anger I felt toward the WTS was over them parading there child victims of WTS blood policy boiled me the most. But I have to say it is their absolute hypocrisy over military service that pisses me off to no end.

And here is the insidious genius behind it. No rational person who believes the bible (plz no oxymoron debates) can say that military service in and of itself is unChristian. Yet they have taken such advantage of a matter of concience that when all else fails they can pull the "everyone else goes to war" accusation. Even more infuriating is that they even lie in the accusation. The accusation breaks down if it were true. They can only truthfully accuse people of not condemning everyone that engages in military service.

"Those rotten soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen. How dare they take up arms and push the Germans back into Germany. How dare they liberate France, Poland and the Jehovah's Witness holocaust survivors. I can't wait until Jehovah makes them pay for being part of the world and going to war. Ha, they call themselves Christians too. They all go to war and kill eachother. So satanic of them. Im glad lots of them got their guts spilled all over the shores of those beaches. Thats what they get."

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Funny isn't it, they are always trying to look good while stabbing you in the back... what a load of BS.

Lapuce

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit