The funniest website I've ever seen

by DIM 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DIM
    DIM

I'm sure there has been posts about this, but my wife and I stumbled on to this official website last night:

http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/index.htm

and we just can't stop laughing at some of the blatant lies listed here.....enjoy yourself, but don't laugh too hard!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I take special exception to their "Family Life" load of crap!!!

Frannie B

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Marriage mates with different religions are encouraged to treat each other with tolerance and respect. Children should be given the opportunity to learn about the religious views of both parents.?

Now that's funny!! Children should be given the opportunity to learn about the religious views of both parents.? Yeah, right.

Thanks DIM................a good one.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

love this one...

Conscience

Jehovah's Witnesses avoid making rules and regulations beyond those provided in the Scriptures, and they do not follow traditions that contradict Bible teachings. Emphasis is placed on personal application of Bible principles and the value of a sound, Bible-based conscience.?Matthew 15:9; 2 Corinthians 1:24.

How 'bout that! Now where's R-rated movies and 2-door cars in their Bible, just 2 of the zillion stupid rules I can think of...

• heathen
    heathen

Good catch there itsallgoodnow .. We do not go beyond what is written ... GAG . I wanna know where it says judicial committee in the bible or observe 6 months of shunning or keep tract of your time in service or to talk about other peoples private matters using them in comments during the WT study or selling magazines or that it's wrong to call jesus God . This list can go on and on and on .....

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Do you shun former members?
    Those who become inactive in the congregation, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are not shunned. In fact, special effort is made to reach out to them and rekindle their spiritual interest. If, however, someone unrepentantly practices serious sins, such as drunkeness, stealing or adultery, he will be disfellowshipped and such an individual is avoided by former fellow-worshipers.

The writer was obviously tiptoeing around the word "shun".

• mouthy
    mouthy
    Do you shun former members?
    Those who become inactive in the congregation, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are not shunned. In fact, special effort is made to reach out to them and rekindle their spiritual interest. If, however, someone unrepentantly practices serious sins, such as drunkeness, stealing or adultery, he will be disfellowshipped and such an individual is avoided by former fellow-worshipers.

Or even ir you dont believe Jesus came invisably in 1914- your worst than the above...They will take away your Children, Grandchildren, after you have served them bookselling for 25 yrs....

FALSE Prophets!!! Are exactly what they are - Any elders reading this !!! Be warned... Your guilty of scattering the LORDS flock.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    FALSE Prophets!!! Are exactly what they are - Any elders reading this !!! Be warned... Your guilty of scattering the LORDS flock.

hmmmm, Mouthy....this puts me in mind of that scripture that says something like...."the one that does scattering has scum up before your face....." some minor Hebrew prophet, I think.....seems the one that does scattering is not looked upon with approval in the scriptures.....

Frannie B

• bebu
    bebu
    The earth will never be destroyed or depopulated but will become a peaceful paradise.?

Huh? I call destroying 99.99% of the population in one fell swoop depopulation.

bebu

• heathen
    heathen

If, however, someone unrepentantly practices serious sins, such as drunkeness, stealing or adultery, he will be disfellowshipped and such an individual is avoided by former fellow-worshipers. Excuse me here but doesn't that cover just about everyone in the org .? I guess the spiritual fornication with the wild beast doesn't count here either , they certainly have not shown a repentant attitude about it at the WTBTS . They only condemn themselves the more they try to white wash .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit