Did You Ever "Report" Someone To The Elders?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• SadElder
    SadElder

I reported the body of elders. But of course they we unable to give themselves any counsel.

• blondie
    blondie

I have to admit that I did encourage someone to go to the elders or I would. It was for something that would lead to their physical death if they didn't stop. That was the only time. I learned early that the elders do as little as possible. As Patio's experience shows, they would rather hide their eyes and let someone die. The only time I saw elders get involved is when they, a family member or close friend was seemingly wronged by someone in the congregation. Then they hunted them down like dogs.

I once asked why several elders were have close social contact with DF'd family members yet had counseled someone else to avoid their DF'd son. I found out that some elders can "talk" out of both sides of their mouths. I found out later they told the offending elders to be more careful about talking about being with and being seen with DF'd family members. It was only 3 days later and I saw one pick up his son from work. I waved and smiled and walked over to the car. I leaned over and said, "Oh, this must be a family emergency. Did someone die or is in the hospital.?" And I wonder why I was so popular with the elders.

Blondie

• Xena
    Xena

My sisters turned my mom in for smoking...got her d/fed...then shunned her. Made me sick. Unless someone is in danger or a child is in harms way....it's none of my business what people do.

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Never snitched while I was a JW.

Once I left, however, I could not resist the temptation to let everyone on the outside know how corrupt many of the JWs I knew were.

I also wrote letters to certain law enforcement agencies regarding their illegal activities. I also wrote up their activities, as well as Scriptural refutation of many teachings, in a letter that I sent to many of the JWs in this area.

Many left within the following years.

Good Stuff.

• avishai
    avishai

Once, never after that. *hangs head in shame* truly one of the most awful things in my past.

• boa
    boa

yes, i was the usual dumb bastard jw youth just doing what i was brought up with and turned in a guy who admitted some petting or something. I did at least approach him first before ratting him out - wow that really got me some bonus points in heaven i'm sure.

the other time was more 'consultation' with the po in our hall when i was in early teens. I wondered if i should still associate with my dad (he had minimum visitation rights).He was df'd, had a coupla playboys stashed, had saturday night fever album, and was seen once by me, lying outside in the open yard under a blanket with his girlfriend (no action going on, just lying there). But as you all know, just lying near someone or if yer vehicle is parked over night at some females house, it means yer bangin' her by jws. I cut off visitation rights and was supported by said elder and other family.

the first story, the bro wasn't pissed off, the second story horribly hurt my father although we associated later on plus he was reinstated a while after that time.

now i'm a little down, but great topic, lest we forget,

boa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit