Flowers At Work

by Xena 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

I LOVE getting flowers at work! I got some today from a friend for my birthday..nothing really fancy...but it's just so cool when they come in with flowers and you wonder who they are for....and they are for YOU!

Anyone else love getting them????

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I don't like getting flowers at work... it makes me look less manly.

• Xena
    Xena

I sent my ex one of those cookie bouquets once dr..what about one of those?

How DO men feel about getting flowers anyways??? In general I mean...

• simplesally
    simplesally

I've gotten them at work.......they make you feel surprise and for the whole week you get to look at them. Its very flattering!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Cool cookie bouquet! That wouldn't be so bad!

Flowers though? Nah, I really am not interested in getting flowers at all. I'd rather spend the money going out to dinner somewhere. But my wife loves getting flowers at work. I've done it a couple times; makes her feel all special and she likes how the other girls get envious.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

OK..here's my story.

I had that same experience at work a long time ago.

Well they were from a customer not hubby..

I took them home and he got furious and threw them away..he said he would get me some flowers!

So I waited..and waited..then he died last year!

No flowers for me...

One day I got a coupon for a free little statue at a store I go to.

I waited until I got home to open the box because I had so many errands..

Inside the box was a statue of a little boy handing a bouquet of flowers to a little girl..

I couldn't stop crying and it still makes me cry to think about it.

I think I got my flowers...

Golden Girl..aka..Snoozy

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I shot flowers at work just the other day....

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

You heard of the urban legend on this? I saw it debunked on the Discovery Channel. It goes like this.... a woman working in a call center gets a call from a very irrate young man who purchased a product that doesn't work and he tried but failed to get it to work or get his money back. Not knowing how to handle the call, she just hangs up on him, which infuriates him all the more and unbeknownst to her, he is a bonifide psychopath -- and when he calls back, she blows him off again. He decides to exact his vengence on her -- by sending her flowers. He knows her first name because it was the first thing she said when she took the call, and so he calls the local florist and has them send flowers to "so-and-so" at the call center. She is surprised by her unexpected gift and as she leaves the office building at the end of work, she is suddenly hit by a sniper's bullet. Turns out the flowers were intended to identify her to the psycho shooter lying in wait.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

I love getting flowers at work! It makes me feel very special! At least I think it does.... it's been so long, the memory is fading.... !

'Bout time for me to tick a customer off, I'd say....!

growedup

• bebu
    bebu

I thought the lilies of the field didn't spin, but apparently some of these flowers do need to rub 2 coins together... So, no pics of flowers at work? I was so curious about what kind of work flowers could do.

I have a horrid memory. I can't remember if I got any flowers at work or not, but I'm sure if I did, I was beaming all week long.

*sigh.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit