Another Reason For Proper Hygiene...

by cypher50 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Some people even in developed lands have a real adversion to soap and water........it's some kind of phobia. I knew one sister years ago that lived at the same house I did (pioneers) and she stunk to high heaven all the time. One day she got a bath and came into the kitchen afterwards. The B.O. wafted across the kitchen and I was totally repulsed. Tired of her stinking up the house and not known for my tack, I specifically asked her if she used any soap when she bathed. She said no she didn't as she was alergic to soap and so she just used plain water. I was disgusted and spoke to her at length about hygiene. She wasn't aware that you could buy soap that was non-alergetic so I went out right then and there, bought her some and told her to take another bath cause she stunk. She did, but reluctantly.

Apparently Elvis wasn't too fond of soap and water either. I guess his obsessive mother rarely bathed him as a child because she was afraid he would drown in the bathtub. As an adult he only showered once a week which is pretty pathetic. Priscilla was pretty disgusted and had all kinds of nozzels installed in their shower (so he wouldn't have to be in the shower for so long) to try and encourage him to shower more often but it didn't work. Funny thing is, he apparently insisted that she bath and/or shower every single day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit