Another Reason For Proper Hygiene...

by cypher50 10 Replies latest jw friends

• cypher50
    cypher50

The townspeople might come and subdue you because you smell so rank...

• bebu
    bebu

LOL! I'll show this to my younger son. Might convince him to rethink his opinion that no one notices how he smells.

bebu

• Joysome
    Joysome

My thought is...wouldn't you knock yourself out if you smelled that bad. I just don't get how people with B.O. don't know they smell.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

pheeeeewwww! Now that is sick!

That reminds me there was an elderly brother in our hall who reeked, I mean really skanky funky smell going on. Many of the elders spoke to him, some of their wives gave him soap, deoderant and such all to have him use the stuff and then put his dirty smelly clothes back on! Finally someone wised up and went over to his house and took all his old smelly clothes replaced them with new fresh clothes all at great cost. His smell must have REALLY bothered this guy!!! Well a few months you guessed it he was back to smelly funky dude. One perk for him was he always got to sit wherever he wanted at the hall and have several rows all to himself............phew!!!

Kate

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

10 years?!?! No bathing?!?! EW EW EW! I can't stand myself not showing everyday...

• maxwell
    maxwell

Interesting story. Regarding him being able to stand his own odor, I would guess that he got used to it, although we can see he inevitably had to conform to community standards to remain a part of the community. I remember some of my college classmates seemed to be ok with bathing only once a week or at least it seemed that way. Perhaps that was the norm in their country. Then again around finals time, many students would start looking a bit rough around the edges.

I wonder how people smelled before soap/bodywash, deoderant and toothpaste were invented having only the use of water. Now these products are essential. I think that's a good thing, too. I would not feel right without them.

• Special K
    Special K

Interesting catch Cypher..

I ditto Bebu's remarks for my 14 year old when she said.

"

LOL! I'll show this to my younger son. Might convince him to rethink his opinion that no one notices how he smells. "

I have no idea why my 14 year old can't smell that he needs a shower. It just stumps me. sincerely Special K
  • Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    10 years?!?! No bathing?!?! EW EW EW! I can't stand myself not showing everyday

A person needs to be really clean or really dirty to be comfortable.

• shamus
    shamus

Nepalese people usally only bathe once a year. (not all, but people in the hills). Also, they rarely wash they're clothing, because washing clothing wears them out; they cannot afford new clothing like we can.

If you ever go climbing in Nepal, get ready for it. They're idea of hygene is rather similar.

• flower
    flower

Ewwwww..that is too funny!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit