The straw that broke the camel's back

by Satans little helper 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Joysome
    Joysome

Well I won't say that the camel's back is completely broken. Just a little strained. But, the whole judicial committee and discipline process. I mean why do you have to go into such great detail? Then, where in the bible does it say that my mother should not talk to me? The fact that a religion can have such a great hold as to break a mother and daughter relationship up just baffles me.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Sure, I had been disgusted about all the stupid rules and the obvious lack of love that you see... those things just turned me off to wanting to invest much of my time and energy in the group, but those things alone didn't persuade me that it was all BS.

What did it for me was a non-Witness friend of mine was talking about the witnesses' beliefs and rules with another person who didn't know anything about them. I could vouch for the fact that she wasn't lying or exaggerating about any of it! They came to the conclusion that JWs were a cult.

I was there, like a fly on a wall, because they didn't know I was a Witness and I never intended to tell them, but I was interested to hear what they thought, and considered them both to be pretty objective about it all.

That led me wonder if it really was a cult and I did my own research, forcing myself to be as objective as possible. Wouldn't ya know, they were right! It was the best feeling I'd had in a long time.

• IT Support
    IT Support

1. GB claims of divine inspiration

2. Child abuse scandals

Regards,

Ken

• garybuss
    garybuss

After I saw the year text for 1974, I had one foot out the door and one foot on a banana peel. Then my 3 year old son and I were belly bushed away from a vending machine in Bismarck North Dakota at a district assembly and at home I was reprimanded in the back room of the Kingdom Hall for not wearing a neck tie to the Watchtower study on a hot summer day. That was all it took. I was a fool for staying as long as I did. I was a bigger fool for marrying a Witness woman and letting her contaminate my sons. And I was the fool of the century for allowing the Witness people and especially my father, near my sons. GaryB

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I knew some "secrets" that a couple elders thought they had hidden. This was because their own children (my age) would confide in me-or I saw or heard it first hand. I would stay the night many times with them, and my eyes were opened to so much hypocrisy. Not even my own mother would believe me, so I felt that this religion had lied to me, and my trust was gone. Welcome to the adult world!

So, that was when I lost trust--and I was probably 16 or 17. My eyes were opened, and I could see many other things that weren't right..many things that I ended up keeping to myself, because I wasn't allowed to speak freely, even in my own home. Still, as long as I remained home, I was a good daughter and did everything my mother told me. I attended all the meetings, went in field service, and pioneered. I tried to set a good example.

The older I got, the more I knew that this was a great deception, and I felt so betrayed....so very alone. I still was trapped, because of all the borgism; and felt that I was unacceptable and unworthy. I felt the problem must be with "me".

/<

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

The UN / NGO thing.

My jaw is still on the floor.

CZAR

• minimus
    minimus

Simply, that it hasn't been proven to be "the truth".....not even a little.

• Special K
    Special K

The big straws came first....and then the final straw was when I was talked to about not bringing my tiny kids to the memorial that was held very late one evening..

There was two congregations in one hall.. and they couldn't start the memorial until after a certain hour and we became the second congregation to come in.

I got a sitter and my husband and I went to the memorial leaving the baby and young toddler home tucked asleep in their beds. We had hired a babysitter.

That was the final straw that broke the camels back.. I stopped attending all meetings after that. I was really down hearted about the whole thing.

I will never know if I may have gone back. I never got that chance. they formed a "shotgun" judicial committee and blew us out of the water without much info from us... and because of that shotgun disfellowshipping it left me bitter for years. I hated them.. They made my blood boil.

They became the most unkind, inconsiderate, unloving bunch I have ever known. An organization run by a bunch of power hungry men running around with all their own little secrets. Covering their asses for their own kids and condemning others, judging others. What hypocracy!!!

sincerely

Special K

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

Jeez SK that is bad. They DF'd you for not bringing your kids to the memorial? (Or did you pop one of them in the face for giving you shit over it???

• Special K
    Special K

Satans little Helper

You have a pm

special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit