Did You Ever REALLY Think That You Would Never Die?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I truly believed I would not die of old age at one time - I really did -- now I just do not know what to believe

• gumby
    gumby
    now I just do not know what to believe

Stilla.. Join the crowd!

When there is no deity who shows themselves, nor speaks......it makes it a bit tough to believe. ..........that is unless, you are willing to believe in something that cannot be proved exists. Many do.

Gumby

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes!!

BluesBrother here confessing 100% gullibility and a total disreguard for the laws of science and medicine ("What do they know, we have got the truth!)

I remember how disappointed I felt too. When I realised that it was not true, that I was going to get old and die like everyone else, and that the good Lord gives you just "Threeescore and ten" and I had wasted most of mine

• topanga
    topanga

Every day another member suddenly died their illness was kept secret or it was just old age or a car accident etc i never saw anybody's flesh growing fresher than youth they were steadily growing old as is everyone else on the planet i knew that was a BIG LIE.

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

Its sad looking back and thinking of the few JW funerals I attended and remembering all the departed's loved ones being suckered into believing that soon (like very soon,, as the talk would sugar coat it) the would see them in paradise. This did not really help them grieve properly because they went on to believe that the person was coming back soon almost as if he had just left on vacation.

Nadsam

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

I never thought I was good enough.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Well, in theory I shouldn't have, but I could never grasp the concept of eternal life. I planned my whole funeral when I was a JW in my mid twenties, lol (I insisted on being cremated). I used to visit cemetaries, and found them very peaceful places. It seemed to me that death was harder on the living than on those who had died. And the idea of dying at Armageddon didn't seem like such an awful thing, anyway. I couldn't fathom a God of love being sadistic when he killed people. It wasn't until just before I quit that I realized how barbaric the idea of a God killing off a whole bunch of people just because they wouldn't worship him the way he required seemed ludacrist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit