Did You Ever REALLY Think That You Would Never Die?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I did. what about you?

• Mulan
    Mulan

Of course I believed that. Without a doubt too.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

yes

• maxwell
    maxwell

I definitely thought it was possible and even probable as long as I wasn't killed in a car accident, shot in a robbery, etc. I was aware of my mortality, but barring any unfortunate incidents, I did not expect to die from old age.

• Poztate
    Poztate

To not die...to live forever...the final payoff

You had to believe...else why follow this crap.

Every one else you knew would die.Relatives ..friends

The whole 6 BILLION and more would die.

But don't worry...be happy you will make it

• talesin
    talesin

You really made me sit back and think with this one, Minimus

Really, all I can dredge up is wishing I was ALREADY dead. That's my earliest recollection of how I felt about life as a kid. Never could believe in paradise earth, just wished I wasn't around for the hell that was my existence in the here and now.

I didn't really think about whether I believed it or not, just knew I had to do what I was told "or else". Course I was a kid then, now I am amazed that adults choose to believe this fairytale.

tal

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

i always believed i would someday die,i never believed in a paradise on earth

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes I did believe I could live forever. When I start thinking that I will definitely die in the future, it's upsetting so I avoid thinking about it.

Heather

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I never believed it cause I never really thought I was good enough to pass armageddon. I never really felt that I was a good christian, so I decided instead of trying to be a good christian, just enjoy my life to the fullest and I'll worry about death when it comes, or armageddon, or the day of judgement or who really cares. I don't even know how a tire works.

• dustyb
    dustyb

i was a kid, so i thought i would die. i really never understood immortality, which is a messed up idea i think........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit