Bush Ads & 9-11

by ThiChi 68 Replies latest social current

• Aztec
    Aztec

This doesn't seem to be about the election for the most part but about accountability and partisanism. JMO.

~Aztec

• donkey
    donkey
    This doesn't seem to be about the election for the most part but about accountability and partisanism. JMO.

Ok I guess the campaign ads have NOTHING to do with the election...my bad for thinking that. Oh, wait why are the ads running again? Are they advertsing some new detergent or a toilet duck?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

lol

The Top Ten Conservative Idiots (No. 146) March 8, 2004Vote For Bush Or You're All Going To Die!!!!! Edition

The Bush administration appear to have a cunning plan for this year's election. First they're going to scare the shit out of you, then they're going to tell you they're the only people that can keep you safe. I guess they realized this tactic works pretty well for wife-beaters, so it's a good fit for the Republican party. Take Dubya's new ads (1,2) which feature stirring imagery of 9/11 and tout his "strong leadership." Then compare this to Bush's bizarre aversion (3) to the 9/11 Commission . Are you scared that without Bush to stop them, terrorists will drop anthrax down your chimneys? Dick Morris (4) thinks you should be, and Tom Cole (5) thinks you really should be. But if this doesn't work, Republicans have a plan B - the RNC (6) is just going to bully TV stations into refusing to air anti-Bush ads. There's plenty more on the list this week, so enjoy, and as usual, don't forget the key !

more: http://www.democraticunderground.com/top10/04/146.html

• shamus
    shamus

I want to vote for Ronald Regan.

• bisous
    bisous

simon posted here so i guess he's okay with it...............

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Here are the words of one Firefighter, who was at 9-11, and is a true American Hero: MORAN: I'm on vacation. I was home yesterday listening to the radio and start to hear the attacks. I saw the ads. I think they're inspirational. They remind me of going back, like how lost I felt right after 9/11 and then seeing on the news when George Bush went down to the Trade Center, put his arm around the firemen, the words he spoke of... I don't know if "defiance" is the right word, but they were inspirational. They made me feel like, "Wow, this isn't just going to be another terrorist attack that we're going to sit back on our asses -- excuse me -- and do nothing," and for these people to attack these ads, it's nothing less than slimy. There's a lot of things I disagree with with the families, the victims, of the way things have to be done, that the World Trade Center has to remain like an empty pit. I don't agree with that. I think we should build them bigger, the same way, because by not building them back I believe they've won. Our enemies have won. And if we build something defiant, then we're telling them, "All right, let's see you knock these ones down." I agree with Moran, Bush is a leader that will (and has) do sometihing..... BTW, Congratulations to Iraq for passing their intern Constitution today!!

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

As opposed to this guy, who must be some sort of stiff, I guess:

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/170291p-148587c.html

Firefighter Tommy Fee in Rescue Squad 270 in Queens was appalled.

"It's as sick as people who stole things out of the place. The image of firefighters at Ground Zero should not be used for this stuff, for politics," Fee said.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger
    In Interviews, Iraqis Profess Ignorance About Law's Details Yahoo! News
    (Since TC brought it up, I thought this was relevant )

By Sewell Chan, Washington Post Foreign Service

BAGHDAD, March 8 -- They knew that a national constitution was being drafted. They had heard vaguely about disagreements among the officials writing it. But for many ordinary Iraqis, the details and the significance of the document, which was signed Monday and billed as a framework for self-rule, remained largely a mystery.

In several interviews in Karrada, a crowded commercial district in the Iraqi capital, the dominant theme was ignorance of the interim constitution's basic features, even among those who said they watch and read the news regularly. Those who were familiar with the outline of the new law said they doubted it would produce political stability and democracy after the U.S. civil occupation officially ends on June 30.

Most Iraqis interviewed could not name any of the constitution's 63 articles and did not know that they included a bill of rights or provided for a federalist and republican form of government.

"We must read it first, before we know what to think about it," said Ahmed Hassan, 35, who runs a small perfume shop.

Hassan said the local news media have provided little information about the constitution. His wife, Khadijah Radhi, 30, agreed. "It wasn't on television or in the paper," she said. "Until now, we didn't know what were the points of disagreement."

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

The Democratic Underground: When CNN isn't liberal enough for you.

The Democratic Underground has hardly any ground to call anybody an idiot, when you consider that when they come to the other boards I post at ( www.freerepublic.com ) ( www.ronaldreagan.com ), they're usually beaten in debates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit