What other "Meet Up's" have you been to beside Ex-JW?

by logansrun 12 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

Hey folks. Last night I went to my first "Meet-Up" sponsored by our friend, meetup.com. And -- surprise, surprise -- it wasn't an ex-JW meetup. Although I don't believe in reincarnation or sitting in the lotus position for hours at a time, I decided to attend the Buddhist meetup. I'm fascinated by Buddhism (in all it's myriad forms) from a philosophical and psychological perspective. I also want to find hot women who like talking to "deep thinkers." (hehe)

Well, no hot women were there I"m sad to report. But, I had an awesome time! There were four other people beside myself and the conversation was intensely philosophical. It was awesome! I definitely will go back.

So, I'm curious -- what other "meet-ups" have you been to? Browsing the website I find that there are a cornicopea of topics that are so arcane that only fifty or so people in the entire world are signed up. And some are just downright silly. Groups like "Dude, Where's My Car?" meetup for people who like the movie, "Dude, Where's My Car?" But other groups look really cool.

Any thoughts?

Bradley

• logansrun
    logansrun

bttt

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Are parties a meet-up? If so, lots of those.

Bar, show, and/or restaurant get-togethers? Lots of those.

Dances? Occasionally, some of those.

Are business meetings? Lots of those (yawn).

If those aren't "meet-ups", then I'd have to say no.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Why don't both of you just whip it out and I'll decide who's bigger?

Laurie Metcalf to Andy Garcia and Richard Gere, Internal Affairs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I belong to several "meet-ups" ex-cult, poetry, professionals counselors and hte ex-jw. All have been cancelled because of lack of participation.

Nos and I have met together even though the ex-JW meet-up is always cancelled

• logansrun
    logansrun

L_T,

Um, yeah, that's not what I was talking about. Read what I wrote.

Lady Lee,

The ex-JW meetup is always canceled in Chicago as well. Yesterday I resigned from that group because it simply was a waste of my time. I do have lunch with Amazing every now and then, though.

B.

• Xena
    Xena

ex-dub meet-ups always get canceled here in Austin too

haven't tried any of the other ones....I tend to keep pretty busy doing other stuff....and have no problem meeting hot chicks

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Apparently all of you need to come to Portland and cram into craig and kate's house at one time...they know how to have a party.

• pdx
    pdx

I have to agree, Portland rules for Meetups and parties.

Hope to see you at the meetup! SAT @ 5...

But getting back to THE BUDDAH!!

He rules.

Where else can you find a virgin born savior 500 B.C.

By his mother Maya..

(The book, The light of Asia and the original, F.Max Mullers: Buddhist Mahayana Sutras. Vol.XLIX. pg. 173)

And Buddah (a surprize to me) was very forgiving.

I don't worship budda, but I like the story.

AMON opps AMEN!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I belong to Witches Meetup (I don't go if it's out of town) and GLBT Pagans Meetup (so far, always cancelled).

GentlyFeral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit