Watchtower Fallout

by gitasatsangha 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Thank you Gita and Onacruse,

I too was surprised when I heard that the Bible Students were still active, the Society always left us with the impression they were long dead and disbanded.

RR, I've been to the site you linked to and it is very informative. The CD offer is fabulous and I've been thinking about ordering them.

It may have already been mentioned but just in case it hasn't, the "Frank and Earnest" radio program can be heard in many areas on Sunday mornings. The Society has kept us all blind and dumb for so long, they deceived us about the themselves, the Bible, and even about the Bible Students.

I am glad to be free and here.

Sabrina

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I randomly selected one of the groups on the list and did a search on it - "Old Paths Publications"

From what I could tell, they are an old-school, Calvinist Presbyterian group, I couldn't find the Bible Student/WT connection.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""Good God, man! Why would you want to do that? If Russell's stuff is hogwash (it is) and post-Russell stuff is hogwash (it is), why are you interested in "sub-hogwash" or "splinter group hogwash?""""

Folks, Farkel makes a good point here.....

Sould not this site be listed too? It meets all the "qualifications" for a "breakaway" fellowship.......
    Mostly ex Dubs, you got Dogma (Godly and ungodly), you have "rules of conduct" or you can be expelled for a time or deleted....walking and talking like a duck.....?

The Nazarene Saints or Friends of the Nazarene out of Hemet, CA would meet the test: Founder was WT higher up....members are mostly ex witnesses. They are on the internet. Good people....
  • gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Dan:

Possibly more the one group with that name. I don't know. The BS groups, I just got from that list on a BS website.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Sabrina:

It may have already been mentioned but just in case it hasn't, the "Frank and Earnest" radio program can be heard in many areas on Sunday mornings.

Wow! It's been at least 30 years since I've heard that program (not that I'm a big-time radio guy LOL)

It's still on the air? Reruns, or is it on-going?

Inquiring minds want to know

Craig

PS: Welcome to JWD!

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I must admit that this WT offshots have always fascinated me. I went to a Bible Students Convention once when I was an active JW! I subscribed to the German Dawn and had a phone call with Epiphania Bible Students, too.

I am no longer religios (do not know if I ever was) but this small groups fascinate me somehow.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Highway to heaven

A 45-year-old woman who was killed as she walked onto I-55 near Sherman, Ill., in October was revealed to have been a member of a Jehovah's Witnesses breakaway group that believes they should test their faith (much like snake handlers do) by standing in the middle of traffic. A few days before her fatal demonstration of faith, she had been pulled to safety from the same highway as she attempted to proselytize to drivers zooming by

Now thats funny!.
  • Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Onacruse,

Thank you for the welcome.

I don't know if the Frank and Earnest radio programs are reruns or not but here is a list from the Dawn Bible Students site with the times and locations of the programs.

Sabrina

• RR
    RR

The Old Paths was a UK group of Bible Students who banded together to publish a journal and verious booklets and tracts. The "Old Paths" is now defunct.

The group you see online now is not the same one.

RR

• RR
    RR

The show is still on, with new programs as well as old ones. There also the Bible Answers televsion Program, the Divine Plan radio show and the Divine Plan television program.

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit