Watchtower Fallout

by gitasatsangha 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Farkel,

This isn't a professional research journal, it's a message board. I'll remove the splinter from my monitor, if you get the rafter out of your ass.

Nite,

Gita

• Farkel
    Farkel

git...,

You said:

: This isn't a professional research journal, it's a message board.

Chill, dude. Look at your post that started this thread, and look at your last comment to me. You never said your quest was for a "professional research journal," and I never acted like it was. You were doing research. You said so. I offered you comments about pursuing such research.

Then you said to quote it all:

: This isn't a professional research journal, it's a message board. I'll remove the splinter from my monitor, if you get the rafter out of your ass.

What gives? I didn't do anything other than to tell you what I know about the subject you brought up YOURSELF. No splinters, not rafters and no asses. Just a responce to your own REQUEST.

You said at the start of YOUR OWN THREAD this:

"If anyone has anything not here, or more information please post it. I am interested in JW history."

I gave you a little information I thought might help you and then you proceeded to castrate me.

"No good deed goes unpunished" - Benjamin Franklin

Hoist (sic) by his own petard: BOOOOOOM!!!

Geeeeesh!

Farkel

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I think this issue here is that Jehovah's Witnesses are not a broad church. There is no room for change inside and hence dissenters have no choice but to leave.

Perhaps many of us here would still be in if there were scope to take a slightly different line on things. There is no doubt for example that the Bible speaks about the sacredness of blood. But at the same time, it is always in the context of a life having been lost or sacrificed. I am quite happy not to eat blood as part of my diet as a mark of respect for a life lost, even if it is only an animals. Society needs moral awareness and respect. To me, this is not a million miles away from what the Society teaches but would open up the way to allowing transfusions bases on an individual's conscience. There would be a spectrum of personal stands, just as some are vegetarians and devout Jains try not to even to step on an insect.

People who voice disagreement such as the blood reform group (http://www.ajwrb.org) are seen aspostates, not as a potential forum for change.

eyeslice

• RR
    RR
    Farkel,

This isn't a professional research journal, it's a message board. I'll remove the splinter from my monitor, if you get the rafter out of your ass.

ROTFL

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha
    I gave you a little information I thought might help you and then you proceeded to castrate me.

What was the information? I must have missed it. Sorry about the castration. I wasn't aiming that way. So hopefully your gonads remain intact. Best to let this whole thing just die.

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

FIRST INTERNET CASTRATION PERFORMED

Simon Green, proprietor of JWD, announced that the world's first testicle removal using TCP/IP was performed today on http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/67838/1.ashx.

"Yeah, the next thing we knew, Farkel's virtual bollocks were rolling about the place", said Green. "Then we all went out for a pint."

• Farkel
    Farkel

git....,

I see.

I said:

However, the purges are well documented: the major ones occurring in post-1914, 1925, 1932, 1938, 1975 and 1995. All for various reasons but mainly: failed predictions and forced control of the membership. The last one in 1995 was a major blow: the WTS could no longer sustain the hope that the generation who saw 1914 would also see the Paradise Earth(tm). It cost the WTS leadership dearly, but they had no other choice: they were fools to say so in the first place. Then again, they've been fools from the beginning.

There are many fine documented examples of these "cyclical purges" and why they occurred that you might want to investigate before you go around and try to re-invent the wheel!

Your reponse is next and it is REALLY laughable:

"This isn't a professional research journal, it's a message board. I'll remove the splinter from my monitor, if you get the rafter out of your ass. "

Of course, that doesn't address a single argument I made and is a classic ad hominem and strawman argument.

I replied:

git...,

You said:

: This isn't a professional research journal, it's a message board.

Chill, dude. Look at your post that started this thread, and look at your last comment to me. You never said your quest was for a "professional research journal," and I never acted like it was. You were doing research. You said so. I offered you comments about pursuing such research.

Then you said to quote it all:

: This isn't a professional research journal, it's a message board. I'll remove the splinter from my monitor, if you get the rafter out of your ass.

What gives? I didn't do anything other than to tell you what I know about the subject you brought up YOURSELF. No splinters, no rafters and no asses. Just a response to your own REQUEST.

You said at the start of YOUR OWN THREAD this:

"If anyone has anything not here, or more information please post it. I am interested in JW history."

"No good deed goes unpunished" - Benjamin Franklin

Hoist (sic) by his own petard: BOOOOOOM!!!

Geeeeesh!

You said after your whining was totally demolished:

"What was the information? I must have missed it. Sorry about the castration. I wasn't aiming that way. So hopefully your gonads remain intact. Best to let this whole thing just die."

Re-read your OWN thread, dude, then.

Phantom stranger said:

" FIRST INTERNET CASTRATION PERFORMED

: Simon Green, proprietor of JWD, announced that the world's first testicle removal using TCP/IP was performed today on http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/67838/1.ashx.

"Yeah, the next thing we knew, Farkel's virtual bollocks were rolling about the place", said Green. "Then we all went out for a pint."

My reply to Phantom:

The "pints" you had affected your judgment.

Obviously, you never read a single word of what I said on this thread before you spouted what you spouted. Otherwise, you would have made a more sensible comment than what you made. You didn't make any sensible comment. You spouted nonsense.

Farkel

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Hmmm... making light of a situation is "spouting nonsense". My judgement is fully operational, thank you. Yours, however, seems to be incapable of keeping you from acting like an ass.

How many times do you have to act the ass and get censured and deleted and banned and all that crap, and then get let back in, before you get that you may want to f*(#ing grow up?

• gumby
    gumby

Fark.......let the proper grammer thingy die.....K?

Gumby

• Farkel
    Farkel

Phantom,

It's one thing to hurl insults. It's another to document your claims. You said:

: Yours, however, seems to be incapable of keeping you from acting like an ass.

I respectfully ask for evidence, instead of hyperbole.

You better have your ducks in order. I don't mind being called that I'm acting like an ass when I am. I DO mind being called that I'm acting like an ass when I'm not.

Present your proof, forthwith, and if you can't I will make sure people know you can't. If you can, I will make sure people know that I acted like an ass. No problem.

You'd better have solid evidence, though.

You do know what "evidence" means, don't you? We shall see.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit