Elders stepping down - what got your goat?

by eyeslice 14 Replies latest jw friends

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

My dad stepped down. He claimed it was depression. Looking back, I'm not so sure...

I was never anything, thank the lord.

CZAR

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Eyeslice,

That was rotten what they did to you. It goes to the point that one is looked on as a mature person or elder brother, as Franz puts it, in the congregation, or you are not. To one day wake up and now you do not possess these qualitites is utterly wrong and not scriptural.

I DA soon after stepping down, so they did not have the chance to "rub it in."

• Puternut
    Puternut

I was a PO for many years. What got my goat is that after the child abuse case, when I asked to be deleted, they didn't want to let me go. They said I had too much value and experience in the truth. My health was bad and the doctor told me that my responsibilities were too great. So after 3 letters of requests, they still didn't send it to the Society. They told me they couldn't do without me. They didn't seem to care about my health or my family, that was falling apart. Even the CO and DO told me just to take some time off, and not be deleted.

I sent another letter directly to the Society, and was deleted finally within 6 weeks. I was exausted.

Puternut

• Scott77
    Scott77

I was wondering why the writter on this site called SadElder, refer to the WatchTower Service Department as the Bethel CIA ?

• Scott77
    Scott77

I was wondering why an Ex-Elder JW on this site called SadElder, refers to the WatchTower Service Department as the Bethel CIA ? Meanwhile, another one going by his nickname Larry , agonizes on why he needed to resign as an Elder, by stating that, "After a year or so of investigative research, I could no long serve in good conscious as an Elder". Hmmm.., what is this investigative research he is refering? who was making it? How comes it takes so much like a whole year? Is not this a tip of the iceberg for a secretive episonage of the highest order on the part of the WTBS?

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit