Things about Jesus the Borg didn't tell us

by ozziepost 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

The Borg did not tell us that

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life nor that no one comes to the Father but by Him. Sounds like a little rivalry if ya ask me.

The Truth. The WTS is the Truth.

The Way. Living in accordance with WTS society rules is the way.

The Life. The Life is what you leave behind when you remove your thinking cap and take the plunge for Jehoober's true Organization

• El blanko
    El blanko

Jesus refers to the father as being in a higher position.

Jesus is described as "the word". When we speak, we control the language that comes forth from our mouths

• El blanko
    El blanko

I have always wondered about Jesus as being "the word of God" and as we speak naturally, we form the word and project it. Jesus was the first utterance of God and the tool that helped craft the universe. In a way, we also define our universe by the use of language.

Just a thought.

Also, the Gospels reveal Jesus as refering to his father and it seems to me that the two are seperate and have rank.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Re: 144,000 - I've since found it interesting to note that John "heard" the number, but when he "sees" it, it's a great mulitude which no man was able to number (Rev.7).

Re: Jesus - Heb.1&2 is an interesting exposition of OT texts that the writer applied to Jesus (e.g.Heb.1:7, 8; 1:10, etc.).
    It seems to be a couple of chapters that were often ignored or disected in isolation.

Edited to add:El Blanko - rather than turn this into a Trinity debate (of which there have been many), what about dealing with texts which the JW's didn't really dwell on?

• MorpheuzX
    MorpheuzX

Jesus had the hots for Mary Magdalene:

Luke 7.36?50 He likes it when she gives him a foot massage.

Mat. 27.56,61; 28; Mark 15.47; 16; Luke 8.2; 24; John 19.25; 20 She's one of only three people who stay with him while he dieds. She is, I believe one of the first people Jesus appears to after his ressurection and also she's the first person who finds the tomb of Jesus empty.

Now if Jesus was god in the flesh, then it's only natural that he'd have natural male urges. I'm not saying he acted on them. But, I bet he had a special affection for the girl.

• Mulan
    Mulan

There were many others like him, hundreds of years before him, who also fulfilled the prophecies.

One had a mother named Meri and a father named Iosepa, was supposed to have been miraculously conceived, and many more things almost identical..................about 2000 years before Jesus.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Being able to worship Jesus.

Rev 5:12,13,14b; saying with a loud voice "the lamb that is slaughtered is worthy to receive the power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing"13 'to the One sitting on the throne and to the Lamb be the blessing and the honor and the glory" 14 "and the elders fell down and worshipped" NWT

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ellderwho:
    It seems so obvious now, huh?
    Yet at the time we had a mental blank when reading those passages.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Little Toe quoted:

Re: 144,000 - I've since found it interesting to note that John "heard" the number, but when he "sees" it, it's a great mulitude which no man was able to number (Rev.7).

That is very interesting,,,,,,,,,Hummmmm, maybe time to drag the ole Bible out for me. And it is not going to be the NWT.........lol. ( NWT , stand for Not Worth the Time Bible,,,,,,,Not a Word of Truth Bible),,,,,,,way too erroreous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit