Things about Jesus the Borg didn't tell us

by ozziepost 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Has it ever troubled you when you read a scripture that tells you something about Jesus that the Borg doesn't?

Care to make a list?

I'll start:

1. Jesus has a spirit. "Spirit of Jesus" (Acts 16:7)

2. Jesus has angels "I, Jesus, sent my angel" (Revelation 22:16)

Want to add more?

• edge3
    edge3

The one thing they absolutely will never tell you is that He is God, in the flesh.

• Will Power
    Will Power
    The one thing they absolutely will never tell you is that He is God, in the flesh.

Not true! See history of their interpretation of Rev.22:12 lol Jehovah is coming quickly / Jesus is coming / Jehovah / Jesus or the footnote attached to 1 Thes 4:16 - the Lord* 16 descends with the call of the archangel.......* 16 Jehovah - see CD roms This is definitely something they wouldn't want to get out.... LOL OK spies - time to go re-burn all those CDs Good point Ozzie so if the WT stresses so much that Jesus is just a MAN albeit a great one and MAN doesn't have a spirit how do they get around it? How about these? Where is The Great Crowd. "a great multitude...standing before the throne and before the Lamb" (Rev 7:9) No condemnation. "...for those who are in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8) Flesh is death, spirit is life. "..... because the mind set on the flesh is death....hostile toward God....and those who are in the flesh cannot please God. (Romans 8:7+)

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hummm, can't quite go with the "Jesus is god in the flesh". Jesus may have been a supreme being in the universe, and his soul reborn to life on earth in a form that would be enlightening. But, all that stuff about the trinity, or Jesus being "god" doesn't resonate with me.

/<

• edge3
    edge3

I couldn't go with it for almost a decade after I left. Gradually I changed my mind.

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi
    Hummm, can't quite go with the "Jesus is god in the flesh".

Yeah, umm . . . If Jesus is God then who ressurected the boy on the third day? Who the hell was talking from the heavens when Jesus was baptized as a man, and good lord, to say that Jesus was God in the flesh is to say that we were created by skitzo god with an identity crisis.

H

• Will Power
    Will Power
    If Jesus is God then who ressurected the boy on the third day?

The bible specifically records Jesus' words "I will raise this temple, he was speaking of the temple of his body" .

If a human man screams out I am God - what happens?

Do you believe God is everywhere? Even Jesus gave the impression that he could be - at least in more than 1 place at a time - where ever 2 or 3 are gathered in my name I will be there. What ever you do to that man you do to me. etc.

The bible says God is a spirit. is a spirit only so wide, specific length & width. The living can't see.

I think God is a little bit more complicated than up there sitting on a floating throne, do you agree? Certainly cannot be limited to human knowledge. I crack up when I read in a WT that "God thinks....Jehovah loves it when....Since Jehovah hates those who hate him you should too.... LOL

• edge3
    edge3

Hunyadi,

I believe the topic was what does scripture tell us about Jesus that the Borg does not. The whole of Christianity reads scripture and recognizes Jesus as God. You simply state what the Borg teaches, the exact opposite of the topic.

• Dawn
    Dawn
    If Jesus is God then who ressurected the boy on the third day

Jesus answered that:J ohn 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father." If you accept that the "body" can be separate from the "soul" then this makes sense. Jesus could give up his earthly "life" as a sacrifice - then take it up again when he resurrected his own body.

Back to the subject - Things about Jesus the Borg didn't tell us
    John 6:54-56 - speaking of "communion"- Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. Notice that he says Whoever - he doesn't limit this invitation to only a select few by saying "those I approve" or "the faithful slave" or anthing of the type. Instead - the invitation is open to everyone - Whoever - interesting!

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

Who the hell was talking from the heavens when Jesus was baptized as a man,

The Father, Jesus is the Son not the Father. Thats hella simple.

and good lord, to say that Jesus was God in the flesh is to say that we were created by skitzo god with an identity crisis.

Actually you were created by Jesus (John 1:1-3, Col. 1:16-19) but God created everything without any help, (Isa 44:24) so you have a dilema if you deny Jesus' full status.

If Jesus is God then who ressurected the boy on the third day?

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit. All three are credited with raising THE BOY and not one other that those three. (Sounds like something a dub would say.)

You dont get too many options with what Jesus is. He had a pre-existence. He cant be an angel (Heb, 1:8) nowhere is it said he was created. He uses titles that God uses, (The First and The Last), then calls himself Good and later says that no one is good but God alone, fulfilled prophecies that reffered to God (they look on me whom they pierced) and created all that was created, Shares glory alongside the Father. The list goes on and on. People would rather say he is not God than give him his proper status all because they are scared to have their God not fit in their little box.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit