An Example of JW Need2Get a Life

by JT 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

YK,

I believe you when you say you're not looking for a title. But I do think you need to feel special. That's not a crime; everyone does sometimes, especially those born with the mixed blessing of a creative streak. (Yes, I include myself in this.)

I can tell by the way you write and even what you've said right here about your love of landscaping and gardening that you're actually a very creative person, but somewhere along the way, that creativity became overwhelemed by JW influence and isn't really yours anymore. The only way you have to express it, it seems, is through your pronouncements of doom and such. I also wonder if your sense of being annointed and your visits here might stem from that natural need to feel special which, in creative types especially, can sometimes reach epic proportions. *g* I'm not passing judgement on you here. I'm just hazarding an educated guess.

I know I could be completely off base, but just the same, I wonder. Is there anything creative that, in your secret heart and wildest dreams, you've ever thought of doing? Writing a mystery novel, perhaps, or a hit screenplay? I'm not trying to be your friend or talk you out of your beliefs, if that's what you're thinking. I just like playing amateur shrink, and I'm curious about you.

*Rochelle.

---------
    "Most men complacently accept 'knowledge' as 'truth'. They are sheep, ruled by fear."
    -- Sydney Losstarot, "Vagrant Story."

• You Know
    You Know
    I know I could be completely off base, but just the same, I wonder. Is there anything creative that, in your secret heart and wildest dreams, you've ever thought of doing?

It is not unusual for various posters to try to psychoanalysis me. It's all part of the amusement. Creatively though, I write songs, not prolifically, but that's been my creative outlet since I was a teen. I use to try to sell them but I gave up on that many years ago. I always wanted to have a music studio and put together songs by myself or invite musically talented brothers to sit in on sessions. I just can't bring myself to spend the money on something so self-indulgent. I try to stay out of music stores cause I can get pretty wide-eyed looking at all that neat stuff. / You Know

• JT
    JT

this is so sad:

YK says:

"Creatively though, I write songs, not prolifically, but that's been my creative outlet since I was a teen. I use to try to sell them but I gave up on that many years ago. I always wanted to have a music studio and put together songs by myself"

#######

here we have a guy who may perhaps have the talent and skill to run a major record label or talent search org and due to wt he has put on Hold perhaps his natural talent in hopes of a pipe dream- this is truly sad

i recall reading articles where bro and sister who played music or Danced in the theater, or any other thing they had an interest in --would put on hold thier hopes and dreams and desires to sell useless books and wait

and here we have another jw who i'm sure could make wonderful music and as we watch this man he has his entire life on hold for what we all know will never happen

DAMN THAT IS SAD

JAMES

• JT
    JT

james
    Love your thoughts!!!!! You always seem to hit the nail right on the head. And even reply to sarcasm and rudeness with kindness!

Thanks,
    TW

I feel sorry for the guy – anyone who goes to work and thinks he will get a check on Friday I fell it is truly a cold trick to play on a person the way wt does it’s members- tey know that there is no check in the mail – yet YK firmly believes that he will get a check- so dad

How fascinating, You Know! While denying what JT wrote, you inadventantly confirmed everything he said. I can read between the lines of your words: you [i]are[/] ignored at your Hall! No wonder you like it here, for you get attention here.

########

Seeker

so well put you are able to really see how they feel about material things and I have to agree little did YK realize how much of my post he merely CONFIRMED I only hope that it allows lurkers to peek inside the mindset of a person who wears blinders

#### In fact that is the way it is done at bethel- your roomsize is determined by your senority- that is why so many guys like to marry a pioneer sister who had so good fulltime service under her belt if they didn’t

your seats at the Gilead Graduation was determined by your length of service

I will have to tell you the stories behind that one
    james

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

That WOL thread really was pretty sad. I noticed that one of the sisters there wants a "maid" for her dream home. That really goes against the grain of a paradise in which each person sits under his own vine or fig tree. No maids allowed, I would think.

Then the one who wants carpet because she and her family love to lay on the floor and watch TV. Exactly WHAT does she expect to see on TV? Certainly no soaps. Perhaps there would be the 24-hour Bible drama channel for their entertainment.

Then there are those (all of them actually) who dream of super-large houses with LOTS of land so they can look out over their gardens (vegetable AND flower) and fields and trees.

I wonder how they figure THIS is going to occur, considering that the estimate of population for survivors and resurrected ones will be about 20 billion. The Society has even stated that it would work out to about an acre per person. Not exactly much room for vast mansions, gardens, fields, and woods.

The materialism is definitely rampant throughout these posts. Rather than working towards their goals now, and keeping their goals within the realm of possibility, and being content with whatever lives they can forge for themselves, they are all looking for the "big payoff" in the New System. Pathetic...truly pathetic.

• JT
    JT

redhorsewoman

says

The materialism is definitely rampant throughout these posts. Rather than working towards their goals now, and keeping their goals within the realm of possibility, and being content with whatever lives they can forge for themselves, they are all looking for the "big payoff" in the New System. Pathetic...truly pathetic.

###
    i couldn't agree more - they show that despite the BE CONTENT dogma they want and desire the same as others

only difference is we are working to get ours they are waiting for wt to give them theirs

james

• Enlighted UK
    Enlighted UK

Hello "You Know"

From what you say I am under the impression that you belive the organisatoin is God's organisation on earth.

In which case the procedure of appointing men in the congregation is done through Jehovah's Holy Spirit. It is deemed a privilege to be a ministerial servant/elder/pioneer etc (or at least it is in my old cong).

So why do you not aspire to such things as you so obviously have faith in Jehovah, why don't you try and advance yourself in HIS organisation, to make yourself available to him, through the channels that HE provides (Ministerial Training School etc etc).

Just curious.

Enlighted UK

• Stacey
    Stacey

Hello.

I've been a "lurker" of both h2o for the past year or so and this board as of recent. I really like reading what other people have to say, rather than putting my own thoughts out ot the line for the most part. My first post actually. I have seen and know many of you from the ex-jw chat rooms on yahoo.

I am thankful for boards such as these. It's been a fascinating year for me in my spiritual life. Haven't we all been through so much? People ask why we "dwell on this" and tell us to "move on". But like with any horrible experience, are we not drawn to others who understand us, who can feel our pain, who can comfort us, who can give us the support that we need? If this is what they deem "the devils table", then I would love to feast with you all. I can say that I am glad for my experiences thusfar in my life, including my being raised as a JW. Not that it was pretty or pleasant, but it definitely has shaped who I am. I think we have all gained a perspective that not a lot of people out there end up with.

You know... they can work their GUILT so well. What I think I need to steer clear of is speaking with THEM! Why do I go out of my way to have conversations with them? I think I need to stop that. All they do is pull out the old double-talk and "the road is narrow" and use their line that they are the "closest thing to the truth" that there is out there. I hear that from JWs all the time. You know, that one saying can make me sick to my stomach. The "closest thing to the truth". What is that supposed to mean. IF god did reveal himself to us through a man-made religion or a man-made book dont you think it would be the perfect infallible truth? There would be no question about it? There would be no wondering if there is anything closer? There would be no mistakes, no contradictions, no question by all mankind. I just dont get why people put their complete and utter unquestioning faith and trust in man-made systems. Ranting, sorry.

They say that the only reason we have left the non-truth (as another poster calls it) is so that we can go out and live our life of sin. So that we can do what we want to do without answering to anyone. They say that without their organization, we are nothing. How much more wrong could they all be? With their limited, close-minded perspective on things, can we blame them for saying these things? Do they know each of us "apostates" individualy? Do they know how we spend our time or live our lives? Can they get into our brains to understand why we are the way we are? No. They are right when they say one thing... the truth is the truth no matter what we apostates say. Fine. I'm ok with that statement, because they dont HAVE the truth. They always ask what we have found to replace the non-truth. Why does one have to find a "better" religion than the jws in order to have a relationship with or a believe in a god or creator? It's so ingrained in their brains, that is the only way they can see it.

Funny how two people can look at the exact same things and see something completely different. I guess that's all I have to say for now.

Happy day to you....
    Stacey

"Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so. " - Bertrand Russell

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit