Xbox game suggestions needed!

by DanTheMan 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

My 13 year old nephew is always calling me to come over and play Xbox with him. The Xbox belongs to my 17 yr old step-nephew, all three of us play together a lot of the time.

Problem is, all he ever wants to play is Halo. Don't get me wrong, I think Halo is one of the greatest video games ever made, but I just don't think that he is mature enough to keep a game like that in perspective. Plus my sister doesn't like him playing it. If you knew my nephew, you'd understand, he's very immature and impressionable. With Halo, he seems to love the carnage and killing a little bit too much.

Do they make any 'Mario' or 'Mario Kart' type of games for the X-box that are good? Or perhaps you have suggestions along different lines.

Thanks!

• caligirl
    caligirl

My 7 year old is fascinated with Halo as well- he saw that his 15year old step brother loved it and from that point on, it was all that he wanted to play.We severely limit how often we let him play it. For a family game, we like SSX Tricky, a snowboarding game. SpiderMan is good as well, but is only a one player.

• cypher50
    cypher50

If he likes Halo but you don't want him playing that then get Metal Arms: Glitch In The System. It is a Halo-type game with only robots in it and I think that he would find it VERY fun. If you need anymore information on videogames then just PM me, I am a moderator on the largest videogame messageboard on the 'net and I know a lot about XBox in particular.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Maybe you should just get a Gamecube! They're only $99 nowadays, and you can get refurb units for even less. It's targeted the best towards kids... but it still has some great games for adults. (Metroid Prime is one of my favorite games...ever.)

• Simon
    Simon

MidTown Madness 3 and Project Gotham 2 are both awesome racing games. MM3 is more 'arcade' amd PG2 more realistic simulation. Both great fun (esp. online)

If you want a Mario Cart type, have a look at Crash Bandicoot Cart Racing.

Here is a good source of games with ratings & links to reviews:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbx/scores/

• freedom96
    freedom96

There are many racing games, as well as skateboarding and bike games, that are enjoyable.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Thanks for the suggestions all! I am leaning towards the Crash Bandicoot Kart racing game, thanks Simon.

Buying him a Game Cube sounds like a good idea, I didn't think of that. Mario games are always loads of fun. And Metroid is good too. Heck, maybe I'll get myself one and just take it over to their house, since they seem pretty portable.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

cypher50,

if you got a hook-up:

when is Halo 2 coming out?

I don't have an Xbox, but I saw a few QT movie files someone videotaped from E3, and the game looks absolutely wicked

I will get an Xbox JUST for the game.

Dan, you do not want your nephew playing this!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Dan, you do not want your nephew playing this!

I know!! But I know my other nephew is going to get H2 as soon as it comes out (and to tell you the truth I can't wait to play it). But he's going to college in the fall, with his Xbox I'm sure.

• Smyler
    Smyler
    I am a moderator on the largest videogame messageboard on the 'net and I know a lot about XBox in particular.

IGN? I thought i reconized your screen name. I haven't been there in ages! Good ol' ICB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit