Revelation 22:12 refers to Jesus! (says a recent WT !)

by hooberus 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It shows too a mind that is closed to anything that doesn't fit what is officially sanctioned at the moment. So we get the well-known report of the overseer saying that if the Society said that his green Bible was really black, he would believe it! Or the elder who boasts that he loyally believes that whatever is in the current issue of the Watchtower is "real" truth!

How often we've encountered this as we speak to dubs. Simply raising a query as was done on Revelation 22 brings the dismissive comment; it's "a small fault".

There's none so blind as those who will not see!

• hooberus
    hooberus

I don't think that the Watchtower likes to have the speaker in verse 13 be a different speaker than in the previous verse 12. I think that this is why they have at times tried to apply verse 12 to "Jehovah himself." (only the Father in WT doctrine).

However, the wording of verse 12 seems to refer to Jesus so much, that it seems occasionally they slip up and apply it (verse 12) to him.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If they have even one "small fault" then they do not have "truth"

• hooberus
    hooberus

The Watchtower December 15, 2003 p. 22

" . . . Christ Jesus stresses the suddeness of his coming, saying: "I am coming quickly." (Revelation 3:11; 22:7, 12, 20)"

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

Hi elsewhere, reminds me on the analogie "one drop of poison in the glas of fresh water - would you drink it?"

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I don't think that the Watchtower likes to have the speaker in verse 13 be a different speaker than in the previous verse 12.

According to the WT, this dialogue reads like a conversation between Jehovah and Jesus!

How much better is the NIV with its easy style! Reading from there it seems only obvious that the whole passage is Jesus..........but then he is the Alpha and the Omega........isn't he??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit