Does anyone remember those hideous murals?

by Country Girl 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Badger
    Badger

I liked them too...the new halls tend not to have them. Too much individuality.

F$^ Commie org.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I do! I do! I was the helpless victim in THREE different KH's I attended! The last was the worst because it was done by an amateur artist in the congregation....it was a fawn staring up at a flock of geese as they flew overhead..........I remember critiquing the fawn, he looked all disjointed and his eyeball was in the wrong spot on his head........hehehe..........it was truly horrible..............when it came time to remodel the bros. all felt bad for the artist cuz they had to paint over it...............ewwwww, let it die the death it deserved..........and, no, CG I did not ever get into any kind of counting stuff or games..........I did when I was younger whisper alot to my sister, then our study conductor sat between us. Then, I got all righteous and whacked out and became a model dub.............the congregation I first went to was a really tiny one in upstate NY, and they were very very strict..........and liked to make their own rules..........teehee!

Terri

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    The best view I ever saw was a KH that had a view of the mountains (a window) behind the platform. They finally covered it over with curtains because it was "distracting."

Blondie, we had a congregation in our circuit like that too! The SAME thing was done! I remember being very shocked and vocal about how awful that was when they did it too! Yeah, one elder used to think I was a real Jezebel influence..............called me Brother and everything...............what a F@@ng idiot!

Terri

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Do you realize that there is probably an insecure elder out there who to this day has nightmares of you laughing your ass off at him while he gives a talk that never ends?

And, would that be you, perhaps, Elsewhere, me lad????????????????? LOL!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

For me it was a way to get out of a so so life. Terri, remember me? Country Girl = Athene.

CG

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

When our cong (somewhere south of Seattle...) remodeled, they had one of the elders who was a painter take care of the stage background. This elder specialized in marbleizing techniques, so when finished, it actually looked like the platform was surrounded by walls of marble panels. It was fun to trace the veines in the marlbe and line them up to the next block, at least more fun than paying attention.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

My old hall had a mural. It wasn't much to look at, but as a small kid i think it must have been pleasant to me, the nice green colors, and something to look at besides the person giving a talk.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Oh yeah, we had a mural, too!

And, EVERY couple that got married in our hall always had the same picture taken. The bride and groom happily pointing to themselves in the paradise on the wall. Probably because they all used the same photographer (a JW from a neighboring cong).

*GAG*

CountryGuy

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Our kingdom hall had one also. I hear later on during rehab work it was tore down. I use to wish I was right in that picture fishing at that lake, and I'm not a fisherman!

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

we only had fake tropical plants on the stage-- to put us into that "paradise" frame of mind I suppose...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit