Just plain rude!

by Stefanie 28 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

No way would I go there again, especially since you complained to the manager and it didn't help your situation or help you to feel that this was a one-off.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I dont plan on going to that place anymore! I have to been to plenty of chinese food places. One waiter offered to take a picture of us with the baby when he saw we had a camera on the table. Its just that one place. It make me made to think of how they treat people like sh*t. I was a waitress once when I was 16 so I know both sides also.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    We went to a chinese restaraunt this weekend. The whole experience started off bad. The minute we walked in, the waitreses looked me up and down and started talking chinese loudly to each other. I took offense to that because it felt like they were talking about me.

At that point I would have turned around and walked out! IMHO you knew it was already a bad experience why subject yourself to some dumbass waitress spitting in your soup on the way to your table.

I would for sure tell all your friends not to go to that resturant! Sorry you had to suffer through it and they added insult to the injury..........gads!

Kate

• scotsman
    scotsman

Speaking Chinese in front of you isn't exactly rude. Just as is it isn't rude for French or Italian staff to speak in their mother tongues. But if you didn't like it, don't go back.

• amac
    amac

That was definitely rude, in fact if you didn't finish your food, I would have just walked out without paying and would have happily told them so.

On the tipping topic, the only bad thing about not tipping is that those waiters/waitresses who act like that wouldn't learn from it, they would just bitch and moan how someone didn't tip them. The only good thing is they may quite due to not making enough money if it happened enough.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Anyone living in Southern California the past 30 years has noticed the cultural changes with the huge Asian influx. What I'm going to say isn't racists, just an observation. It's been my experience that most Asians raised in this country (2nd, 3rd and 4th generation) are no different than anyone else... they have assimulated and they 'get' the culture because they are a part of it. However, for those first generation asian people, their way of doing business or interacting with people can be very different because of cultural differences. Americans are very customer and service oriented (well, it use to be more so than now). To many asians, it's a numbers game.... get as many people in and out as fast as you can...and it's a 'me first' attitude. Some think most American customers are rude (and sometime they're right). I could go on and on about situations that we go through here on a weekly if not daily basis.... now I take it with a grain of salt and realize I'm dealing with a different culture...I try not to take it personally. I've always thought that there would be a great business in teaching 'foreigners' the cultural ropes in dealing with Americans - something very simple like giving out extra napkins without making a big deal about it.... make the customer WANT to come back. Like I said, their children 'get it', so it's not a racial thing, just cultural.

• Mary
    Mary
    My question is do you all think that they were being racist?

They sound like a bunch of ignorant assholes.......I'm not sure if this is a case of racism but make sure you don't go back there. If you want to get even with them (how unlike me to suggest this! ), do a phonecall to your local Health Inspector. Tell them that you were there recently and you saw a mouse/rat/cockroach run across the floor, or you could pretend to be a former employee and tell them that the kitchen is a cesspool of vermin, roaches ants, whatever. Then call your local News media and give them the news that this restaurant is being investigated. Actually, you'd probably be doing everyone a favour if you did this, as God only knows what goes on in the kitchen behind closed doors..........

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

ohhhhh forgot to reply to the racist issue. No I think some people are just crapy period. They probably treat each other crapy.

Kate

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I think you should go kick her ass!!!!!!!!!! but that's just me.......

You could get revenge if you want to waste some money.........go back to the restaurant , leave the baby at home,,,,,,,and just spill everything on the floor,,,,,put too much on your plate, and if it was a buffet,,,,,keep getting more and more,,,,,,,,'cause you spilled it on the floor after all.

And dont eat the food, no telling what they might do to your food.

There was a true story of a Chinese restaurant in town, that was shut down because the health dept. went in there after hours........and there were sewer , almost cat size rats in the place.

I don't know if I ate rat on a stick or what!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry you had that experience,,,,,,,,,,,it was for sure rude..........to say the least.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Yeah! The Chinese are known for not liking purple people with 666 stamped on their foreheads...

carm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit