Just plain rude!

by Stefanie 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

We went to a chinese restaraunt this weekend. The whole experience started off bad. The minute we walked in, the waitreses looked me up and down and started talking chinese loudly to each other. I took offense to that because it felt like they were talking about me. Anyways we started eating and another waitress walked by us muttering something under her breath pointing under the table. The baby had dropped some food under the table so I picked it up. Two seconds later the B*TCH came and started sweeping it up hitting my foot with the broom repeatedly. I said "excuse me mam but we are still eating and you are being rude". She said "I know". I said "you need to learn some manners". She walked away muttering something else. We were so upset we couldnt finish our dinner. She slapped the check on the table and she overcharged us. So we took it to the manager and she got upset also talking chinese really loud and the waitress was getting mad again.

So she fixed the bill and I told her she had a rude staff. After i explained what happened she said "you cant leave food on the floor". I said" I didnt leave food on the floor I was picking it up as she was dropping it". She didnt say anthing and I left on that note.

My question is do you all think that they were being racist? Their restaraunt wasnt spotless for her to just focus on us. Is it rude to speak a diffrent language infront of people know we dont understand it when they can perfectly speak english? Could I have walked out with paying without getting arrested?

• shotgun
    shotgun

Sorry for your bad experience at the chinese restaurant Stefanie

Its true what they said though

After i explained what happened she said "you cant leave food on the floor".

If they leave the food on the floor even for a minute the rats will usually run out of the kitchen and get into a big fight under your table fighting for the scraps...

Pretty strange behavior for a chinese restaurant....maybe they have had citations against them from health inspectors and are over reacting to everything...

I don't think I would ever go there again... that's for sure.

• Mac
    Mac

Coulda been worse...did you see Freaky Friday???

mac :)

• Valis
    Valis

or even worse ala Farkelmiester..

http://www.elfrigo.org/flash/chowmein.htm

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• shamus
    shamus

In a place where I used to live, there was a chinese restaurant and the lady who ran it was like "the soup nazi" from Senfeld. She was well known all around town. Too funny.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

How Wouuud!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

lol VALIS that made me laugh so hard! Even my baby was laughing and started fussing when it stopped. That just made my day man..... Thanks

Shotgun, actually that reminds me that i have a call to make to the health department.

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

I don't know if this is a common practice at Chinese restaurants, but it seems familiar to me. At the one nice Chinese restaurant near where I live, they seem to hate children. Whenever I would take my daughter there, they would put a big sheet of plastic on the floor like they were thinking she was going to make a huge mess (this was about the time she was 4-6 years old.) One day she dropped the salt shaker and chipped the side of the plate. The waitress added $15 to the bill for the lousy cheap plate. I told them to kiss my ass and just paid for the food and left. Never been back.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

It seems that people have no manners anymore. Lots of restaurants I've been too: the people don't smile and they are quite rude. What happened to service? I was raised in a restaurant family, and my Father would't have put up with that behavior for a New York minute! He always said "The customer pays our bills, you treat em like Daddy." Hehhehe. They were *always* right! These days, you're lucky if you can get a snort outta these folks. I like to go to restaurants where the waitress is cheery and on the ball. I think Americans feel OBLIGATED to tip the usual 15-20%, so they just tip even when the service is bad. Even when the waitress forgets our order, or doesn't bring our drinks right away, if she is friendly and visits with us, we tip REALLY well! On the other hand, if she is a crappy waitress, they get 10 pennies exactly. If more people would do that, then it might make the service people stand up and try to do right by their customers. I have heard, and been, on both sides of the table, so I know! Sure.. they need those tips to feed their families and stuff, but hell.... I went out to eat to a nice restaurant, and I'M paying so don't treat *me* like a piece of crap cuz you had a bad day!

I'm sure some customers are really hell on these people, but they have to know that maybe their smile, or their banter can make someone's bad day good, and they benefit from that. Not to mention that people love a smile on someone's face!

CG

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

Wouldn't eat there anymore - try to find a child 'friendly' place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit