I told my mother to stop contacting me

by kyria 36 Replies latest jw friends

• little witch
    little witch

Itsallgoodnow brings up a good point.

Consider why the watchtower uses personal relationships (shunning, labeling,etc) as a means to control.

It is because they recognize the strenght of family bonds.

Those bonds are the basis of the watchtowers numbers. It becomes tradition and suceeding generations are tomorrows profits. So they fight tooth and nail to hang on.

We on this side see the desperate attempt. But also remember that they are instructed to not fight for their own well-being but for "jehovahs will".

That is a very strong inducement for someone still in. Every meeting is all about guilt, and effectivly using emotional terrorism.

Cutting your ties to that emotional blackmail is first and foremost.

Think back on childhood. Remember how several kids would agree to play hide and go seek, and some dumbell would wanna change the rules and insist you all play his/her way, only that way was stupid?

So you say, I am not going to play that way, it is dumb. And off the other kids go to some other game, leaving that oddball out?

Well, your mom needs to learn that she is that oddball, and nobody wants to play by her rules.

Many times that oddball will change their ways in order to "fit in" with the other kids.

Sorry for such a silly analogy, I am trying to put my thoughts in universal language.

What I am trying to say is that human needs are pretty universal. The dubs are just using human nature to their own ends. So I suppose you can either play tug of war (which I percieve you have already played, and it didnt pan out) or say, " I don't like playing by your rules, they suck".

Either way, you are growing and changing, and are watching out for your own well-being amidst great controversy, and for that I am glad for you.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thank you for bumping Kyria's opening thread.

This is her last thread. Again, opening post and this one, from 9 years ago.

Kyria or anyone out there that knows her, please post and let us know how you are doing.

Just Lois

• life is to short
    life is to short

LoisLane

I am fairly sure Kyria is the one who wrote "I'm perfect your doomed". If you have not read it yet I recommend it. You can get it from Amazon. I do not know if anyone else knows for sure if this is the same Kyria but I think it is. She is a great writer.

LITS

• Flg8ter
    Flg8ter

I'm pretty sure it's the same person. I just watched a video of her talking about the book: http://blip.tv/grittv/grittv-i-m-perfect-you-re-doomed-kyria-abrahams-2800631

Looks like the same person in the board avatar. Looks like a great great book!! Love seeing people getting out, being happy, being successful and more importantly...being at peace. Wish I coud find that peace.......

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I read Kyria' s book. My daughter passed it on to me, we both felt there were a lot of similarities to our life. Like her, my daughter was in classes for the mentally gifted, had a strange sense of humour, and was very funny. They both had some mental health issues as teens. From what I remember in the book, she had a younger brother, two years or so younger, who totally rejected the religion, as my son did. Both parents couldn't stand each other, same here. Even the ages were about the same.

It was funny, but hard to read, as I know my daughter went through similar struggles, caused by my attempting to raise her in a cult.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Apparently Kyria is a writer and photographer who exhibits her work .Her latest work I see is from sept. 2013.

Good for her

smiddy

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

https://www.facebook.com/groups/64879220692/

S
    he is on facebook. Met her a couple times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit