Baseball!!!

by logansrun 15 Replies latest social physical

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Ah, yes! Time has begun. Football (American, that is) is over, and it's time for the melodious tones of baseball's best broadcaster, Vin Scully, to echo over the City of Angels. Unfortunately, he'll be broadcasting the Dodgers, and not S. Cal's. best team the Angels(?).

Once the lowly Angels looked up Interstate 5 in longing to be the best organization in baseball. Once it was expected that the best players wanted to play in Blue Heaven (Dodger Stadium). Once this was the place where the best pitchers to hurl horsehide dominated. This was the infield of Garvey, Lopes, Cey and Russell. The outfield of Baker and Monday. Alas, no longer. This once proud organization is a shambles, and looks down Interstate 5 at the Angels, whicah are now the best team in s. Cal.

Ah, screw it. GO DODGER BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fearless predictions: AL West: Angels, AL Central: Twins, AL East: Red Sox, AL Wildcard: Yankees, NL West: Giants (gag) NL Central: Cubs NL East: Philadelphia, NL Wildcard: Houston

World series: Red Sox vs. Cubs. Red Sox in 7 as Billy the goat raises his horned head one last time to foil the Cubs.

• MorpheuzX
    MorpheuzX

Just don't let Steve Bartman in the stadium next time and maybe the Cubbies can win it all!

Seriously, it must be horrible for that guy.

L_A_Big_Dawg, you must have been thrilled about that Kevin Brown for Jeff Weaver trade.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

The Bosox are going to pull in a choke job not seen since, well, last year! Moneyball's not going to rule this year. Sorry Yankee and Red Sox fans. AL West: Oakland, Anaheim, AL Central: Twins, AL East: Orioles Oakland in 5 vs The O's.

• Panda
    Panda

Mariner's--- I baseball. Panda

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Actually, I was thrilled. Kevin Brown is a major A-hole. Though he was very nice to my son on fan appreciation day two seasons ago (my son was resplendant in his Yankee wardrobe...my son a prophet?)

I'm taking over/unders on when Brownie will melt down on the NYC press. May 15. Any takers?

Oh, and one quick change on my picks. AL Central: Kansas City Royals

• MorpheuzX
    MorpheuzX

L_A_Big_Dawg, having been born and raised in NY I hope you're wrong about Kevin Brown's eventual meltdown under the NYC media pressure. But I know you're right.

Being originally from NY, part of me still wants the Yanks to win. (I think it's genetic). But their hubris sickens me and I just can't bring myself to root for them.

Anyway I'm making my bold divisional predictions for 2004:

NL East: NY Mets (Improved defense and pitching and if Piazza and Floyd are healthy, this team is going to score runs. I can't wait to see how good Kaz Matsui really is and Jose Reyes is the best young positional player in MLB.)

NL Central: Chicago Cubs by about 10 games.

NL West: San Diego Padres (My sleeper team of the season, if Peavy, Eaton and Burroughs set it up, this team is going to rock. Although if Edwin Jackson pitches the way it looks like he can, the Dodgers could be in it, even if they can't score runs.)

NL WildCard: Houston Astros

AL East: Boston Red Sox

AL Central: Kansas City Royals

AL West: Oakland A's

AL WildCard: NY Yankees

Again, my beloved Phils will find a way to blow it: Thome will break a leg on opening day or Millwood and Wolf will both need Tommy John surgery. Pat Burrell will hit .200 again. David Bell will break is arm five minutes before taking the field on opening day. The Phils will curse themselves for letting Travis Chapman walk away. It's inevitable. But you all better watch out for 2005 when Gavin Floyd and Cole Hamels will be in the rotation. The NL is in for some trouble then!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit