Paradise earth or heaven?

by Pathofthorns 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• waiting
    waiting

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they would never expect it. Jack Handey

Basically the word mankind is made up of two separate words, mank and ind. What do these words mean? Nobody knows and that is why mankind is a mystery. Jack Handey, again.

People are just a mystery, I guess.

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 1 August 2000 7:40:57

• Prisca
    Prisca
    It seems to me that this "spiritual materialism" and the inability to see beyond the physical and fleshly world draw many to become and remain Witnesses.

Well, the WTS did bring out a principal text book called "You Can Live Forever In Paradise"! So who's to blame for inculcating a materialistic mentality instead of a real spirituality?

When the thoughts of a paradise earth, with a home for everyone, animals and humans at peace, all nationalities at peace, with plenty of food and good health for all, are inculcated in you from the first meeting with a Witness at your doorstep, or from babyhood for those raised as Witnesses, why else would you think or dare to dream of anything more?

And if you're told that only 144,000 are going to heaven, and too bad, you're not one of them because you were born too late in the 20th Century, you've got no reason to meditate on spiritual issues, as opposed to fleshly ones. You're taught that you're not going to die, that this life you've got is going to take you through the big A, so why complicate yourself on things of a heavenly nature? If it's not for you, and you're basically forbidden to even contempate it, then why not focus on a beautiful big house, with a family and lots of pretty gardens and never a thought of getting sick nor dying!

Hmm... might go to the Sunday meeting tomorrow....

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

To all posters ^^^^^

This thread has been a very 'good read.'

Recently, on this forum, someone provided a link to WOL (I think?) - one poster brought up the topic "do you think there will be time-zones in (Paradise)...said, "I know we aren't supposed to speculate, but am really wondering." This had me ROFLMAO.

Interestingly enough, as of the time I exited the thread, several were responding and not correcting her for such questioning. One responded something to the point "That she felt Jehovah would have uniformity over all the earth." (Goodbye sun, goodbye
    Earth rotation....guess Jah didn't design it properly in the first place!)
    No big deal, I guess, but wanted to share - remember when I used to do it myself!

Somebody, very much enjoy your sig signoffs - noticed that you were around before - hope you stay around for a time.:):)

• Deacon
    Deacon

hate to admit it Path...but Im waaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead on you with this thought pattern...been thinking it for 20 some years...
    so now you see why I would never discuss these things....a lot to lose ..even if it is only wishful thinking...

your bro.

• somebody
    somebody

Prisca,

You sure spoke volumes when you said this. :

:Well, the WTS did bring out a principal text book called "You Can Live Forever In Paradise"! So who's to blame for inculcating a materialistic mentality instead of a real spirituality?

:When the thoughts of a paradise earth, with a home for everyone, animals and humans at peace, all nationalities at peace, with plenty of food and good health for all, are inculcated in you from the first meeting with a Witness at your doorstep, or from babyhood for those raised as Witnesses, why else would you think or dare to dream of anything more?
    ----------------------

That about sums everything up as to WHY poeple will give their very lives and beings, in exchange for membership.

somebody

• Kristen
    Kristen

I enjoyed reading everyone's comments.

As a side note, I noticed one of the WOL Admins has a signature line that reads, "Paradise: which end of the shovel will you be on?" I find such a remark to be quite odd, and a testimony to the fear tactics used by those in the organization to control others.

Path, I read your above post a few months ago, but am enjoying the reiteration at this time. Great stuff to think about.

Edited by - Kristen on 11 February 2001 1:15:12

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit