Paradise earth or heaven?

by Pathofthorns 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

It has been said to me "What other organization offers a hope of a paradise earth?" to "prove" that Witnesses have the "truth".

It seems to me that this "spiritual materialism" and the inability to see beyond the physical and fleshly world draw many to become and remain Witnesses.

As for me, I fail to see such a fleshly reward set out in scripture and more so I cannot possibly see how anything fleshly could live forever in a problem-free environment.

Everything fleshly and physical is temporary and changing. Nothing lives forever. If it were remotely possible, we would basically have to be like Adam and Eve wandering around naked eating fruit off trees.

There can be no homes like the pictures portray. Any tools made from metal would require mining operations, shipping, factories. So would things like glass windows and any kind of machinery. Economies would naturally develope.

Mankind cannot go back to such a primitive state. Expression and invention are part of human nature. As much as progress is beneficial, it also is destructive and reaches a point where it is not sustainable.

I am beginning to think that life is a lesson in highlighting the futility of fleshly and physical things and the enduring qualities of the spiritual things. At some point people come to realize that material things bring only a limited and temporary happiness, which is why the argument that a person living forever would become bored at some point may have some merit.

I believe that the spiritual things as expressed in our relationship with others in how we treat each other and the world around us are things that we are constantly learning until the day we die.

Of course, these are just my thoughts, and I'm always open to change.

Just curious to see what others thoughts are and what they believe and why or why not on the matter of heaven and earthly hopes.

Path

• somebody
    somebody

Hi Path,

I agree and have the same opinions that you have. Especially this one:

:I believe that the spiritual things as expressed in our relationship with others in how we treat each other and the world around us are things that we are constantly learning until the day we die.

I live my life by Luke 6:37 and the golden rule. I still believe in God and I believe in following Jesus' teachings as best as I can.
    I guess it all boils down to we will all probably have to face one judge in the end, and I doubt it will be fellow humans doing the judging.

Some things are just common sense to me.

till next time,
    somebody

~~~~I wish I had a Kryptonite cross, because then you could keep both Dracula AND Superman away.~~~~~

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Hey Somebody.

Thanks for the reply and welcome to the board if you are new. I haven't been here overly long myself, but it seems to be a valuable and unique place on my journey.

(Crazy orange hair by the way :)

Path

• somebody
    somebody

Thanks for the welcome and, yes, I'm a newbie here. btw...my hair isn't really orange,(although I know it's common for people to color their hair orange)It's red. I couldn't hide my Irish :-) I don't know why it looks that way in pictures, but it comes out looking orange in every picture! Guess I just have to live with it.

somebody

~~~~~~A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby."~~~~~~~~

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Path,

I couldn't help thinking that you're contemplating shaving your head and joining a monestary. Monks can't have friends over for beer and pizza, ya know?

I think a big draw of the jw's is the paradise - peace, a nice home, learning, being happy, good bodies, etc. But I think you're right - either we lives in caves, or we produce through technology.

When we use to ask how will this be done? They say leave speculation to Jehovah. He has ways. It's not for us to know - just get there.

I know others think the same thing too - but we've been taught not to talk about it seriously, even lightly as of several years past. Just accept it.

Be quiet and just accept it and stay strong in org. Strange, isn't it.

Hey Somebody,

Glad to see your picture. I'm sure the others enjoy a redhead around here.

waiting

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Hey Waiting

People used to tell me, don't worry about the details, just worry about getting there and finding out.

I also have a hard time figuring out how animals won't eat each other (the lion eating straw etc). It appears that some animals are simply designed that way and that is what was meant to be.

As for joining a monestary and shaving my head, probably not. The hair has always been somewhat of a trademark, and as for the beer and pizza, well I should do a little more cooking and maybe I'll switch back to red wine. As for the friends they simply must get their act together really soon. They are wearing me out, and their attitudes are getting old really fast.

Path

• somebody
    somebody

Hi Path and waiting,

I forgot to say, in response to this...

:It has been said to me "What other organization offers a hope of a paradise earth?" to "prove" that Witnesses have the "truth".

that I'm almost 100% sure that Mormons offer the same teaching as far as living forever in paradise here on earth too. They teach the resurrections are to happen after the 1000 yr. reign of Christ, if I'm not mistaken. I'll look into it and make sure that's correct.

till next time,
    somebody

~~~~After I die, wherever my spirit goes, I'm going to try to get back and visit my skeleton at least once a year, because, "Hey, old buddy, how's it going?" ~~~~

• waiting
    waiting

Gee, Somebody,

You mean the mentally defective, the Jehovah's Witnesses, and the Mormons will all survive the End to live in Paradise?

Cool.

waiting

ps will they know about each other?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Will they know each other? Well, my thinking on this is that the Mormons and the JW's will be kept busy trying to convert one another. The mentally defective will be consigned to the work force to keep everything going.....until they attain sufficient clearmindedness on their path to perfection to take over and consign the warring factions to a remote island somewhere.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I have a friend who in all seriousness said: "next to the Witnesses, I think the Mormons are closest to the truth".

The guy has no clue what they believe, I guess its because they appear to resemble us in some ways. What is it that makes people so attracted to cults?

Path

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit