How many here use Intel, AMD, dont know what the hell they have?

by pr_capone 39 Replies latest jw friends

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Just out of curiosity.... how many of you here have an Intel processor in their computer. How many have AMD? How many dont know what they are using? Also, did you buy a pre-built system and thats just what came with it? And yes..... I dont care about you Mac users. :D Kansas District Overbeer

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I prefer Intel because they run cooler than AMD.

• Simon
    Simon

Intel, homebuilt (ie. bits and bobs !)

In a shuttle XPC case

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Intel. However, I was listening to a radio computer show and the consensus was that AMD was a better value an ran just as well as Intel.

• Simon
    Simon

AMD are good but I think Intel are always just that little bit better. They seem to let AMD think they have *almost* caught up and then just have somethign they can pull out.

A good site for chip comparisons is www.tomshardware.com

My first AMD was an x586 (133Mhz no less!) and I then had a K6. Not bothered with Athlons as they never quite matched the Intel for business software. For certain things like games they are ok and this site runs on an AMD processor.

• talesin
    talesin
    How many dont know what they are using?

My PC was a gift from a friend who had it 'built' for me - some new components (guts of the hard drive & keyboard, some software) and some old components (screen, mouse, some software). It has TONS of storage space, a flat screen monitor & really fast. An unexpected gift and muchly appreciated.

I feel totally clueless, and definitely need to pick up a course this spring.

Whilst trying to install a new game last week, I discovered that I need to upgrade something from 16 to 32 bit (I think it's a video card). I'll figure it out eventually. D O H ! !

talesin

(who knows how to use a computer, not to build one; and no, ignorance is NOT bliss)

• Bryan
    Bryan

I always use AMD. Great prossesor at a better price. We just bought new laptop and desktop last Sept. Both HP's, both AMD's. Laptop ordered to my specs and the desktop prebuilt. I like both HP and AMD.

Bryan

• Valis
    Valis

Yo brudda pr! w00t! I have the AMD Athlon XP 2800+ no probs at all...First machine was a Pentium 133 w/a blazing 32 megs of RAM...I also had a 386 from Del I think...it didn't have a math coprocessor...found out the hard way after I had copied all these files you needed for a game..*LOL* like some 50 floppies...coped them all, then copied them to the laptop and withing 30 seconds of the install...boink! We're sorry...this program requires a math co-processor...arghhhhh! Ah the good olde days..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

I use a Celeron 500 (homemade tower), a Celeron 333 (Sony laptop), and a G4 Mac (12" Powerbook).

• rekless
    rekless

Hi valis, I don't know what the hell I have. I don't even know if we are on Lamb>>>

have a good one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit