What "CAUSES" a molested child to hurt? (Warning: Possible Triggers)

by gumby 195 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    You REALLY have to wonder just HOW MANY MARRIAGES are on the rocks or ruined from the type of things you mentioned.

Gumby

Yoboy.....yer gunna open up a whole nudder can o'worms there Gumby! This will be another never ending thread. LOL

Kate

• gumby
    gumby
    yer gunna open up a whole nudder can o'worms there Gumby

As long as it ain't ringworms......it will be Ok.

Gumby

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I just now started reading this thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,avoiding it mostly...............Big Tex would understand why.

Sometimes the truth is there,,,,,,,just on the surface and you just are not ready to deal with it at this time. That is why in my personal experiance , I am not listening to the nightmares,to the visions, to things that my mind is trying to wake me ,,,,,,,,,, I just don't want to know right now. I am sure I will never want to know the truth,,,,,but someday maybe I can handle the truth...............just not right now.....and that's ok .....for now.

Anyone, understand what I have said at all? Just wondering if I am just one of those who push back memories that come to the front.........??????????? Ya, know deal with that later ?????

• gumby
    gumby
    I just don't want to know right now.

I totally understand Dede. As long as these little demons aren't bothering you in some profound way.......why face it? I don't see any harm in repressing some things we would rather forget about as long as these things do not hamper our lives in some way.

BTW.....I still think your cute.

Gumby

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Good to know others understand how I feel. I too think it is healthy to face things if it is bothering you to the point of effecting you life in such a way you NEED to face them. I have came close to that point , but always avoid things.....mostly the things come out in dreams , or I just get a sickening feeling when something reminds me of some kind of flashback.

I know that in the last two years ,,,,,,,I have taken major steps to be who I am now,,,,,,,I guess I am growing stronger, standing on my own two feet. When I am ready........I guess I can face what I feel is under the surface for now. I know there are things already,,,,,,,for fact........but I dont want to open that box yet.

Thanks Gumby.........great thread.........great respones........,,,,,,,,hugs Dede

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

(((Dede)))

I completely understand. There is a time and a place, and right now is not the time for you. One day you might feel up to it, but you must go at your own speed. It is so easy to get overwhelmed with this stuff. I think you've got a huge heart and are damn courageous just for reading and posting on this thread.

Chris

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I knew you understood what I was talking about Chris, as we have talked about this before,,,,,,,, your advice to go at my own pace has kept my sanity . Big hugs to you , Nina and the chillens........see ya'll in the Big D.........soon ...,,,,,,,,,love ya'll , Dede

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Stability - that is the whole point of recovery. If delving into the past makes you unstable then it isn't a wise thing to go there.

There has been so much for you to deal with Dede. It sounds to me like you are working on creating the solid ground you will need for the work you will do later - wise choice

(((Dede)))

• little witch
    little witch

Sunnygal and Tailsin

I am in company!!! What a relief.

I think men internalise their pain, and have no idea how they are stunted from expressing intamacy. Only in recent years would men admit to abuse at all. (at least the media only discussed women)

I to internalized. I thought I was ugly, old, something to make him unattracted. And yet, he would declare his love and devotion when I inquired. He just couldnt show it, or accept outright intimacy.

I was so frustrated. Well, I wont rehash it again but, I confronted him with the thought that what had happened to him was at the root and that it was unfair to him and myself that we were still being punished.

He is willing to see a couselor now, he perfers a woman. He still distrusts men to this day. So I hope things continue to improve for both our sakes.

So it is not just the survivor who suffers continuing negative effects of sexual abuse, it touches every relationship along the way of the persons life.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me BT, Tales, and Sunny.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Tricks of the Trade

To survive abuse
    A child learns a skill,
    To protect themselves,
    From a life of pain.

A coat of armor,
    To ward off the blows,
    A helmet hard,
    To deflect angry words.

Ability to shrink,