Then is Finished - The Mockery of God

by Farkel 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bigboi
    bigboi

Kinda puts this portion of scripture in a whole "new light".

Let no one deceive you in any way; for that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you this? 6 And you know what is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains it will do so until he is out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, and the Lord Jesus will slay him
  • Farkel
    Farkel

Gumby,

You said:

:Ask 10 different pastors from christendom and see how they translate those scriptures and see if they make any more sense than he did.

They can't. But for those who are "true believers(tm)" my comments might make a difference. At least to dubs. I'm not the least bit interested in "Christendom" (WTS "speak"). They are screwed up, too. But they are not nearly as screwed up as is the WTS. Other than an Arab fanatics, NOBODY is as screwed up as the WTS. But the only difference between the WTS and the Arab fanatics is: the Arab fantatcs prefer to personally kill their perceived enemies NOW. The WTS fanatics prefer to have their God kill their perceived enemies "real soon now." The Arab fanatics define their enemies in the same way the WTS defines their enemies: "everyone but us."

Fanatics will always will be with us. It's a sad, but true fact. Neither faction will listen to reason or facts. Sigh.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

bigoi,

I could not agree more with you:

Let no one deceive you in any way; for that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you this? 6 And you know what is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains it will do so until he is out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, and the Lord Jesus will slay him

The WTS has "exalted itself and even placed itself as a "god" and "The Christ's body." It doesn't get more exalted than that.

Time will tell when this "lawless"one gets revealed, but it will happen. People who make outrageous and blasphemous claims ALWAYS get revealed and spanked.

It's only a matter of time and the WTS has it coming.

It's Karma, if nothing else, and if anyone deserves a spanking it is the evil, wicked and vindictive WTS, who epitomizes "Satan" more than any other "Christian" religion I can name.

Farkel

• gumby
    gumby
    They can't. But for those who are "true believers(tm)" my comments might make a difference. At least to dubs. I'm not the least bit interested in "Christendom" (WTS "speak"). They are screwed up, too. But they are not nearly as screwed up as is the WTS.

Hey my friend.....I agree 100%

At least "christendom" tries to understand the scriptures the best they can by using various opinions from others in commentaries, dictionaries, etc. The WTBTS also uses these sources.......but applies the meaning to them and their Organisation.......such as who the "wife" is as you mentioned.

I would 50 times rather see my family as handclappin, plate passin, food eatin, southern baptists.........than to see them at the Kingdom Hall. At least I could have a relationship of some kind with them, rather than none at all. The WTBTS is a disgrace to humanity.

Nice thread Fark.

Gumby

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    But the only difference between the WTS and the Arab fanatics is: the Arab fantatcs prefer to personally kill their perceived enemies NOW. The WTS fanatics prefer to have their God kill their perceived enemies "real soon now."

I think the difference is that Arab fanatics don't have a "new testament" telling them it's a wrong sort of thing - for a people willing to dump their own children, on someone else's say so, I've no doubt that killing would be well on the cards if it were condoned by the same belief system.

the Restorer, the great Prophet, Priest and King....is NOT OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST ALONE, (caps mine) but also with him and under him as its head, the entire church of God--the faithful in Christ Jesus--the 'little flock'

Surely that's enough to be locked away and given medication to get over.

There was a question on another thread "who is the man of lawlessness?" - well, there's one answer.

• heathen
    heathen

now now farkel . The catholic church was and is still more evil than the WTBTS . They did like shove torture devices up peoples bottom just for disagreeing or being homosexual they killed millions in the name of religion . At least the WTBTS are not militant . They just like to use mind f--k games like most religions to subvert the ability of others to feel equal and reason or think for themselves .

• Farkel
    Farkel

heathen,

: The catholic church was and is still more evil than the WTBTS . They did like shove torture devices up peoples bottom just for disagreeing or being homosexual they killed millions in the name of religion .

lf you consider the entire history of both religions, you are of course, right. The Catholic Church reformed centuries ago, however. The only "reform" the WTS has done since its inception, is to get worse, and more controlling. When you consider the damage done due to their insane rejection of blood transfusions, and their former insane rejection of vaccinations, surgical medical treatment, organ transplants, rejection of alternative military service, Malawi, cover-ups of child abuse, flag salutes, refusing to stand for the national anthems, "theocratic war strategy," the "absolute spiritual endangerment" farce, the damage caused by promoting the false dates of 1925, 1931 and 1975, the change in the "this generation" doctrine, rejection of traditional and family-uniting holidays, birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day, telling married couples what they can and can't do in their bedrooms, forbidding divorce when a spouse commits bestiality or homosexuality, enforcing spying and ratting among family members, and the ruinous enforcing of institutionalized and universal shunning, you'd be hard pressed to convince me the Catholic Church has done more damage in the last 75 years than the WTS. Furthermore, it would be impossible for you to convince me WTS has done more GOOD than the Catholic Church during that period: they have virtually NO chartities, food and clothing programs or hospitals like the Catholic Church. Even for members of their own religion to receive any help when they are desperate, those members "may" only receive help if they have a recording of "long and faithful service."

If, upon pain of death, I had to choose between being a Catholic and a dub, I'd become a Catholic in a New York second. You're not going to find very many ex-dubs that would choose differently, either.

Farkel

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I don't even see this organization (the Watchtower) as a valid religion anymore. So whatever they are saying is as good as another sales pitch by a telemarketer.

• heathen
    heathen

I just think the catholic church is far more dodgy than the WTBTS when it comes to transforming itself into an angel of light . They know how to cover their trail and I just heard on the news the other day that they now have a total of 100 + priests that molested over 800 children in the past 50 years .

• Faraon
    Faraon

Heathen,

Please don't make me laugh!

Have you even ever visited the Silent Lambs site? http://www.silentlambs.org/

The numbers alone (23,720) would make me take a catholic priest over a JW elder as an overnight babysitter for my daughters in a New York second.

The problem is that they cover their a$$ legally by calling their elders unpaid volunteers when it comes to getting sued.

Faraon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit