Double Standards in the JW world

by nevaagain 21 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

^^^ That video, right there, could be straight from Scientology. The jingle, etc is just spot on. Can't the JW's come up with ANYTHING original? Stealing Family Worship Night from the Mormons, now stealing media and songs from Scientology? Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel!!!

I had a real laugh at certain parts of that video, namely: 1.) Where it showed a still of Rutherford as some grand leader. Seriously? 2.) The old guy studying the new "Generation" chart. Just wait until he sees the May 1984 WatchTower cover!!!!! Uh-oh!! 3.) The young couple praying over where they should serve, and then heading to Peru. Um, I was just in Peru this summer, all over from the Amazon to Macchu Picchu, Lima, Cuzco. People in Peru couldn't give 2 shits about JW's, or their cousins the SDA's. 99% of Peru is Catholic, and that's the way they like it. The JW's and SDA's are seen as a nuisance, and they provide NOTHING while the Catholic charities help out alot with orphanages, shelters, food. How do I know? I was there, I saw it, and our personal local guide was questioned (by me) about it. Been there, done that. Also, Peru is very much a 3rd world country. Food, water, etc is not as good as we have it here in the USA or UK. That couple is in for a very rude awakening. My 2 weeks there was great, but very much an eye opener, and I've been to Mexico, Asia, etc as well. JW's need to get a clue before heading off to the Andes.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Those videos get more and more cultish. They always portray everything and everyone as so squeaky clean when in reality everyone struggles in life whether it is our health, finances or family problems.

Pray more, study more and stay away from all of those "worldly" people and everything will be ok. No wonder everyone that is a JW is depressed. Their lives don't match up with the JW propaganda!

It's pretty funny they showed Bozzerford in the video. What a joke!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit