How Do You Cope With Stress?

by shamus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Special K
    Special K

Wow.. what a good thread Shamus..

Lots of helpful things on here..

I especially liked.

Stress..when you are resisting the way things are.

thanks phantom for that.

Special K

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

Funny - I've been "stressed" the last few days. My stomach is upset, can't eat as much as usual, somewhat sad. I know its anxiety. I had it before.

I've had this feeling when I'm making a "decision" in my life and I'm unsure of the outcome. Last year, it was deciding to move to the city to take advantage of a career opportunity. It turned out for the best. Right now, I'm in transition. My feelings for my b/f have changed and I realize he's not "the one" for me, but next week we're flying to Maui for 10 days. Part of this is giving me stress and anxiety, because we'll have fun, he's a great guy (but not for me ).

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage
    I don't cope with stress. I eliminate the cause of the stress.

I'm with you, Gary.

Anyone want a couple of kids??

Ok, seriously.

These also help me keep depression away. If I start slacking, I feel the dark clouds gather over my head.

1. Strenous exercise.

2. Healthy eating. Lots of dark greens, low fat, and watch the sugar.

3. Good nights sleep. Hopefully 8 hours.

4. I love scented candles and to help me unwind I light them up when the sun starts to go down. The soft light and aroma have a soothing and calming affect on me.

5. If I have had an very tough day, I have some really good yoga dvds. Short, basic, and easy to do. That's helps to ease the stress also.

I'm not against medication. Some people really need it. So, my opinion is that to do whatever works.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Take responsibility only for the things in your life that you are responsible for. Delete all guilt.

• larc
    larc

For those who want some humor, stress is the conflict between mind and body. Your mind tells you not to, but your body tells you that you want to kick the living shit out of someone.

• larc
    larc

I forgot to add, humor is a great stress release. I love stand up comedy.

• dustyb
    dustyb

i pass stress by getting in my car and driving and listening to music. sometimes stress is a bitch, and if someone messes with me when i don't want to deal with them, then stress isn't their friend......and my fist ends up flying at their nose =(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit