Do you feel damned?

by JH 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Do you feel that if there is a God that you will be damned or that you will have his favour?

• Huxley
    Huxley

I feel 'grimly fiendlish' when I hear The Damned.

Huxley

• talesin
    talesin

If there is a G*d, he should damn well ask for my favour.

He's been torturin' us for centuries .............

talesin

• sunny
    sunny

You know , in a strange way I feel that our very limited understanding of who god really is ( or what he is ) makes us feel damned or not. I think there is more to life than living on earth and that it is all a jouney of discovery. If my actions while on earth determine my favor with god then so be it...I take full responsibility.

Sandy

• Satanus
    Satanus

Not from god, or whatever, but at times feel tormented/ashamed/bad. It's a flashback to childhood abuse.

SS

• larc
    larc

Do I feel damned? I don't know if I should or not. Does God grade on a curve, and what is the cut-off score?

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I don't feel damned or favored. Just kind of vague.

• minimus
    minimus

I believe in God and don't feel damned (yet).

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yeah I feel damned! I feel damned happy to be out of that damned cult!

• Xena
    Xena

lol elsewhere

Do I feel damned? Nope, despite breaking at one time or another just about every commandment in the Bible, I do not feel like God will judge me unworthy. I like to think if there is a God he is bigger than that....as long as I treat other people well and live a good life, then he's going to overlook a few indiscretions on my part. lol if I in my imperfect human state can forgive others then surely Allmighty God can forgive me.

Wow I have come a long way from my guiltridden, I'll never be good enough days as a dub, huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit