Cross vs. Stake: Does it REALLY friggin' matter?

by Funchback 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

Even when I was a JW I didnt think he died on a pole. I thought that was ridiculous.

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr
    Even when I was a JW I didnt think he died on a pole. I thought that was ridiculous.

I wont hold it agin ya.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Funchback, I laughed out loud when I read your title. Right on, brother. Right...friggin'...on.

SNG

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

It depends who is paying. A cross costs more to make.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

It's a personal choice -

• Does your God have his arms out
    • Does He represent the origin / crossroad / where all things meet
    • Do you "comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth"

Or -

• Are "his messenger's" hands tied
    • Is his limited to "his own stake"
    • Are his hands (works) above his head ?

I choose a cross - I think it appropriate that jwism doesn't

• avishai
    avishai

B.F.D!!!!!!!!!!

• Mac
    Mac
  • LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Mac, Mac a roni,,,,,,,,,great to see ya ,,,,,,,,seems like forever, how ya doing? Ok back to the thread................LMAO Mac,,,,,,,,,,I agree it totally is the outfit ya know . I warn you,,,,,,,,,and I dont have a clue........if you wear a cross like mine,,,,,,,,,it is sterling silver, black and red, with a black satin cord necklace..............you might be mistaken for be a gothic, Satan worshipper . I was about to throw down once over this in a bar parking lot........I just didnt understand . I don't look like a witch ,,,,,or do I??Geessssssshh. I think she was just jealous she didnt have one ....huh? lol.

I guess if you are gothic you can still be a Christain. I dunno no.

Hugs Mac,,,,,,,,,,

• Room 215
    Room 215

Of course it doesn't matter; it's just another manifestation of JWs penchant for contrariness, being different for its own sake, a grasping for attention. IMO, they'd be much better advised to reframe their anti-cross objection as primarly an opposition to venerating inanimate objects (after all, if Jesus were beheaded, would we wear a tiny gold sword on a necklace; or if electrocurted, a miniature electric chair?)

But JWs LOVE to contradict and they've elevated contrariness to a fine art (they fancy it discharges their duty to be ``no part of the world'')

Hence: ``He's John the Baptist to everyone else, but ``John the Baptiser' to those of us who know better;" ``we object to warfare, but don't call us ``pacifists;" ``we believe the Bibe to be inerrant, but don't call us `fundamentalists:'' ``we ain't Cahtolics but don't call us ``Protestants;" and ``while you're at it, please don't list our Kingdom Halls in the ``House of Worship" sections of the newpapers or telephone directories. ... ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

• Mac
    Mac

(((Lyin')))

Hey there darlin'..I'm doing fine, thank ya ma'am! How's yer own bad self these days? (That's bad in a good way..Right?)

Throw down in the parking lot.....with all those cinders?.......might I recommend the non -abrasive glory of jello wrestling instead....!!!

and I dont have a clue........if you wear a cross like mine,,,,,,,,,i

Nope..not a cross dresser!!

mac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit