Petition to the IRS: Internal Revenue Service: Revoke 501(c)(3) status of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society

by Faithful Witness 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

https://www.change.org/p/internal-revenue-service-revoke-501-c-3-status-of-the-watchtower-bible-amp-tract-society?recruiter=403260680&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

I'm not sure what good these things do, but this petition needs 211 more signatures to reach 1,000.

The organization known as The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses or Watchtower Bible & Tract Society headquartered in Brooklyn, New York, have for many years enjoyed what is known as 501(c) (3) status whereby a nonprofit organization is exempt from paying federal income tax if its activities have the following purposes:

Exclusively for religious, charitable, scientific, literary, or educational purposes, or for testing for public safety, or to foster national or international amateur sports competition, or for the prevention of cruelty to children or animals.

... (read the rest of the petition at the link above)

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I agree 100%. I mean being tax exempt as a charity status is one thing to try to teach people doctrines at a local church(s). But being a multi-billion dollar real estate company and buying and selling properties in the multi-millions is another thing.!! Something has to be done.
  • sir82
    sir82

But being a multi-billion dollar real estate company and buying and selling properties in the multi-millions is another thing.!!

Pretty sure the Catholic church has a several-century head-start on quasi-religious real estate wheeling & dealing.

My sympathies are with y'all but....

Good luck, you're going to need it.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

... In light of their frequent real estate purchases and sales, we believe the Watchtower organization may be profiting and not redistributing funds properly as a charitable organization. We believe this calls for an audit on behalf of the Internal Revenue Service revealing the true allocation of funds and to verify if donated funds are being properly utilized as demanded by charitable organization status....

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

If anyone has written documentation or incontrovertible evidence of wrongdoing by the WTBTS, all they have to do is file an IRS Form 13909. No petition is required for the IRS to investigate a tax-exempt organization.

A current list of violations are:

1. Directors/officers/persons are using income/assets for personal gain
    2. Organization is engaged in commercial, for-profit business activities
    3. Income/assets are being used to support illegal or terrorist activities
    4. Organization is involved in a political campaign
    5. Organization is engaged in excessive lobbying activities
    6. Organization refused to disclose or provide a copy of Form 990
    7. Organization failed to report employment, income, or excise tax liability properly
    8. Organization failed to file required federal tax returns and forms
    9. Organization engaged in deceptive or improper fundraising practices
    10. Other (describe):

It would take a lot of evidence to prove wrongdoing for items 1, 2, 4, 5, 9, and 10. The remaining violations probably don't apply because religious organizations are currently not required to file annual returns in the USA.

Any petition requesting the IRS to revoke the WTBTS's tax-exempt status are a waste of time. The laws need to be changed before the IRS will ever be able to suspend/revoke an organization's tax-exempt status that claims to be a religious organization.

If you want to sign a petition to revise the Tax Code, then click on http://wh.gov/iPVIe (or http://www.fb.me/WhiteHousePetition) and share the links with your family, friends, and social media connections within the next 30-days.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    I signed it. Now they only need 190 more to reach 1000.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think we got them on this one:

1. Organization engaged in deceptive or improper fundraising practices
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

Recently John Oliver found out that the IRS has only audited one religious organization in recent years, and he mentioned that here are express instructions to take a very soft approach on religions. In any case, it can't hurt to be vocal about it. One more straw on the camel's back. Some day, some straw will be the final one. Signed.

Eden

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman
    Unless you can somehow get the tax status on all religion's changed you're wasting your time.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I think they may already be sniffing around...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit