Brownie Points...

by Sassy 15 Replies latest social relationships

• Sassy
    Sassy

Remember, in the world of romance, one single rule applies: Make the woman happy. Do something she likes, and you get points.
    Do something she dislikes and points are subtracted.
    You don't get any points for doing something she expects.
    Sorry, that's the way the game is played.
    Here's a guide to the points system:

SIMPLE DUTIES

+1 You make the bed 0 You make the bed, but forget to add the decorative pillows -1 You throw the bedspread over rumpled sheets -5 You leave the toilet seat up 0 You replace the toilet paper roll when it is empty -1 When the toilet paper roll is barren, you resort to Kleenex. -2 When the Kleenex runs out you use the next bathroom. +5 You go out to buy her extra-light panty liners with wings +8 in the snow -5 but return with beer. -25 and no liners. 0 You check out a suspicious noise at night 0 You check out a suspicious noise and it is nothing +5 You check out a suspicious noise and it is something +10 You pummel it with a six iron. -40 It's her cat AT THE PARTY 0 You stay by her side the entire party. -2 You stay by her side for a while, then leave to chat with a work colleague -4 Named Tiffany. -10 Tiffany is a dancer -18 With breast implants HER BIRTHDAY 0 You remember her birthday 0 You buy a card and flowers 0 You take her out to dinner +1 You take her out to dinner and it's not a strip club -2 Okay, it is a strip club -3 It's all-you-can-eat night -10 It's a strip club, and it's all-you-can-eat night.

A NIGHT OUT WITH THE BOYS 0 Go with a mate +1 The mate is happily married -7 The mate is single -10 Not for long - it's his bachelor party -50 He has a liking for Red Light establishments A NIGHT OUT WITH HER +2You take her to a movie +4 You take her to a movie she likes +6 You take her to a movie you hate. -2 You take her to a movie you like. -3 It's called Death Cop III -9 Which features Cyborgs that eat humans -15 You lied and said it was a foreign film about orphans

YOUR PHYSIQUE -15 You develop a noticeable beer gut. +10 You develop a noticeable beer gut and exercise to get rid of it -30 You develop a noticeable beer gut and resort to loose jeans and baggy Hawaiian shirts . -800 You say, "It doesn't matter, you have one too."

THE BIG QUESTION She asks, "Does this dress make me look fat?" -10 You hesitate in responding. -35 You reply, "Where?". -100 You reply, "No, I think it's your bum." -20 Any other response

COMMUNICATION When she wants to talk about a problem: 0 You listen, displaying a concerned expression +5 You listen, for over 30 minutes +50 You relate to her problem and share a similar experience -100 You're mind wanders and you suddenly hear her saying "well what do you think I should do?" -200 You have fallen asleep

So do you make brownie points??

and what brownie points are made on behalf of the men..

• obiwan
    obiwan
    and what brownie points are made on behalf of the men..

Sex, sex and by the way....sex!

• Sassy
    Sassy

I think I have that one figured out..

not to mention I enjoy it gettings points for that one..

how about others?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Remember, in the world of romance, one single rule applies: Make the woman happy.

Wow! This is the biggest load of crap I've ever read. Society focuses too much on making the woman "happy".

• Sassy
    Sassy

You have a lot to learn Nos..

did you say this is going to be your first marriage??

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    You have a lot to learn Nos..

Yes, I've learned that continually trying to get brownie points doesn't work.
    Since you've indicated that I'm not intelligent in these areas, I now have to comment on these points...

+1 You make the bed

This is to get brownie points??? How about making the bed together?

-5 You leave the toilet seat up

This is the stupidest thing in the world. That's like putting the TV back on her favorite channel when you're done watching TV.

-1 When the toilet paper roll is barren, you resort to Kleenex.
    -2 When the Kleenex runs out you use the next bathroom.

Honestly, what guy do you know wipes his ass with kleenex?

+5 You go out to buy her extra-light panty liners with wings

How come she can't go? What if you get the kind she doesn't like?

0 You stay by her side the entire party.
    -2 You stay by her side for a while, then leave to chat with a work colleague

Being dependant and whipped isn't attractive.

+1 You take her out to dinner and it's not a strip club

What the hell? You can't imagine how many women I know who drag their boyfriends & husbands to the male strippers. This one's a two way street.

A NIGHT OUT WITH THE BOYS

This whole piece again states that it's better to be whipped and dependant. If he's married, there's no brownie point.

A NIGHT OUT WITH HER
    +2You take her to a movie

Movies get boring when that's the only thing you do with her.

-30 You develop a noticeable beer gut and resort to loose jeans and baggy Hawaiian shirts .
    -800 You say, "It doesn't matter, you have one too."

LOL! If you say this the right way, it'll earn brownie points. It has to be funny, not serious. If you're wondering, yes I'd say this to my woman.She asks, "Does this dress make me look fat?"

Tell her to ask her girlfriends. You're not a fashion consultant.

+50 You relate to her problem and share a similar experience

This is the only one I can agree with.

My whole opinion on this is brownie points shouldn't be done with altering your daily habits once. She's going to expect it to be done all the time. When you fail, she's not happy. Therefore, all this is bullshit. Brownie points are gained when you do something out of the ordinary that isn't related to daily habits. Buying her a flower for no reason (other than love) is good. Buying her flowers everytime she's pissed off is bad. Unexpectedly picking up something for her while your out running errands is good. Making a trip solely to buy her something she doesn't need is bad (ie candy). Doing something different everytime for her birthday is good. Doing the same thing everytime is bad.

• codeblue
    codeblue

The Point System...lol

A yeah ago, Mr. CB's daughter got married. At her reception, a friend of their's got up to give a speech to the newly married couple. He instantly started talking about the : Point System.

I started laughing and looked at Mr. CB....because after we got married and he would do or say something irritating or thoughtless, I would say: that is gonna cost you 10 points...or however man points I felt it deserved at the time...Of course, we both got a laugh outta it...

Now we are both sitting at his daughter's reception and that was the first time I had ever heard it was official: The Point System...lol... I laughed a long time after that.

Seeing your post Sassy...sure reminded me of that!!!

Codeblue

• Sassy
    Sassy

thanks codeblue

Nos, some of the points listed in my original text were a joke.. I didn't write them.. although there is some unfortunate validity to some of them for many women..

I didn't say they were me..

but honestly, I think we should all work at 'points' for those we love.. because if we do care about them, we will take a little extra effort to make them happy..

if it means putting the toilet seat back down.. so be it..

I think there are things to do for men as well.. believe me.. i am into pleasing so I go the extra mile..

• Maverick
    Maverick

I subscribe to the Dr. John Gray concept of one point pre act regardless. Buy her a car = one point, empty the cat box = one point.

Want to do well with a women.....be thoughtful! Be considerate! Be quiet! And when they finally stop talking respond by saying, "Tell me more!" And never roll your eyes at them when they do. And be quiet. Tell them nothing! They should be around you for 80 years and not know what the heck your about! Surprise them! Be unpredictable with your thoughtful acts!

Example of this happened to me this weekend. Girl friend was in a car accident...not her fault! New car too!, (I talked her into buying it no less!) I dropped what I was doing when right to her aid, called the tow truck, brought her home and stayed with her intil her son came home. The next day I called her first thing, took her out all day. Bought her a nice card and a box of band aids, (for the car!) She laughed! Called her today when I came back to the office. And I will go take her shopping later. Now I had plans this weekend...dropped them for her. This will go a long way. When she is passed this situation she will remember how I acted! This is one BIG point! Maverick...the master!

• Sassy
    Sassy

Maverick has it figured out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit