Jesus Quiz

by closer2fine 13 Replies latest jw friends

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

The following "diagnostic" quiz will attempt to pigeonhole you, reducing you from a complex, nuanced person to a simple caricature. We obviously don't pretend that this is scientific, and, to be honest, part of the goal is to have some fun.

But there is a serious point here, too: One's approach to the Bible reveals a great deal about one's approach to religion generally. More so than denomination, one's attitude about who Jesus was and what the Bible is can define an individual's spiritual type.

So we hope that in addition to being interesting, this quiz will help you learn something about yourself. At the end of the quiz, we'll offer you the opportunity to complain about the quiz to others who have scored similarly. http://beliefnet.com/features/searchforjesus/quiz.asp

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I scored a 329, I'm a conservative, I'm NOT a fundamentalist.

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

I scored 70

60 - 149

You are a Bishop Spong Christian (a.k.a. "Biblical Revisionist").

Bishop Spong Christian
    (a.k.a. "Biblical Revisionist")
    You think the Bible is a powerful metaphorical narrative and believe that Jesus was a heroic figure similar to Gandhi. You believe in God as a loving creator and that She will forgive you for just about anything. You're willing to admit that you don't believe in the resurrection. You go to church for the sense of community and the music and because you like to hector your fellow Christians about their backward ways. You watch "Touched by an Angel" but don't cry (well, OK, except that one time when the boy with leukemia met his real father). You read Toni Morrison, Deepak Chopra, and Bishop Spong, the controversial Episcopalian prelate. You ardently support gay rights and feel guilty that you yourself are not gay. (If you are gay, you're in a loving, committed relationship). You live in a leafy university town, order Chai at Starbucks, wear hand-blocked clothing, and subscribe to The New Yorker. You watch TV so you can talk ironically about how bad TV is. You give to charity, preferring the local homeless shelter to those bureaucratic national charities. For you, the crux of Christianity is Jesus' revolutionary message of empowering "the least of these."

I don't know about this. I don't believe in God, I just allowed for the possibility that Jesus could have actually existed as a man and nothing more.

closer

• Mary
    Mary

Oh geeze. I scored 374. "You are a Jerry Falwell Christian (a.k.a "Historicist").

• Xena
    Xena

Hillary Rodham Clinton Christian
    (a.k.a. "Left-Leaning Traditionalist")
    You think the Bible is divinely inspired, and you say Jesus was the Son of God (but secretly aren't so sure). You go to church when you can squeeze it in between soccer games, brunch, and the "Sam and Cokie" show. You admire Martin Luther King Jr., Dorothy Day, Bill Moyers, and the Dalai Lama; and have read Kathleen Norris' "Cloister Walk" and "Conversations With God." You watch "Touched by an Angel," dab away your tears, then analyze your emotions. You eat boneless chicken breasts, organic produce, and designer ice cream. You talk a lot about the value of community but can't quite remember the name of the guy two houses down. You ardently support gay rights even though you don't really want to think about what those people do. You believe the surrounding culture is polluted and blame it on big corporations. You give to charity but are more likely to help the Sierra Club than your church. The power of Christianity for you is the sense of community and the emphasis on love, forgiveness, and helping the less-fortunate.

• JH
    JH

You scored 381

• wednesday
    wednesday

another 374, now that was scary, but the description was pretty accurate as my life as a JW

• seedy3
    seedy3

LOL, LOL, I scored a 62, well I answered the questions the way I felt they should be answered, not the gospel answers, I was really disappointed when I didn't make the "Jessie Ventura" class. he he he he

Seedy

P.S. I went and took it again LOL and must have given all the right answers he he he, but now wonder, if there is only a score of 400 max, how is it I came up with this answer??

You scored 406, on a scale of 0 to 400. Here's how to interpret your score:
    That means I'm worse then Jerry Fallwell
  • Soledad
    Soledad

Hillary Rodham Clinton Christian
    (a.k.a. "Left-Leaning Traditionalist")
    You think the Bible is divinely inspired, and you say Jesus was the Son of God (but secretly aren't so sure). You go to church when you can squeeze it in between soccer games, brunch, and the "Sam and Cokie" show. You admire Martin Luther King Jr., Dorothy Day, Bill Moyers, and the Dalai Lama; and have read Kathleen Norris' "Cloister Walk" and "Conversations With God." You watch "Touched by an Angel," dab away your tears, then analyze your emotions. You eat boneless chicken breasts, organic produce, and designer ice cream. You talk a lot about the value of community but can't quite remember the name of the guy two houses down. You ardently support gay rights even though you don't really want to think about what those people do. You believe the surrounding culture is polluted and blame it on big corporations. You give to charity but are more likely to help the Sierra Club than your church. The power of Christianity for you is the sense of community and the emphasis on love, forgiveness, and helping the less-fortunate.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29
    You scored 106, on a scale of 0 to 400. Here's how to interpret your score:
    0 - 59
    You are a Jesse Ventura Christian (a.k.a. a "Secularist" or non-Christian).
    60 - 149
    You are a Bishop Spong Christian (a.k.a. "Biblical Revisionist").
    150 - 249
    You are a Hillary Rodham Clinton Christian (a.k.a. "Left-Leaning Traditionalist").
    250 - 329
    You are a George Bush Sr. Christian (a.k.a. "Right-Leaning Traditionalist").
    330 - 400
    You are a Jerry Falwell Christian (a.k.a "Historicist").

This next is a little erie:

Bishop Spong Christian
    (a.k.a. "Biblical Revisionist")
    You think the Bible is a powerful metaphorical narrative and believe that Jesus was a heroic figure similar to Gandhi. You believe in God as a loving creator and that She will forgive you for just about anything. You're willing to admit that you don't believe in the resurrection. You go to church for the sense of community and the music and because you like to hector your fellow Christians about their backward ways. You watch "Touched by an Angel" but don't cry (well, OK, except that one time when the boy with leukemia met his real father). You read Toni Morrison, Deepak Chopra, and Bishop Spong, the controversial Episcopalian prelate. You ardently support gay rights and feel guilty that you yourself are not gay. (If you are gay, you're in a loving, committed relationship-not yet). You live in a leafy university town, order Chai at Starbucks, wear hand-blocked clothing, and subscribe to The New Yorker. You watch TV so you can talk ironically about how bad TV is. You give to charity, preferring the local homeless shelter to those bureaucratic national charities. For you, the crux of Christianity is Jesus' revolutionary message of empowering "the least of these."

Bold is my emphasis, that was better than a fortune cookie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit