The JW'S are nothing new!

by pdx 12 Replies latest jw friends

• pdx
    pdx

After looking in to the history of the JW'S and there beginnings. From the millerites in 1833, (william miller) and there great disappointment in 1844. = the 2nd adventists of 1873 (an off shoot of the 7th day adventist). = the Russellites, = the JW'S,, and all the others before. Like the Puratins & Shakers who came to America, All believing the end is near?

The JW'S are "nothing new".. There is nothing new under the sun...

SO BUCK UP!!!

• dustyb
    dustyb

i could have told you that one ;) btw, there's a lot more dates that miller got wrong...very wrong. i think there's actually like 10 of them.

• Purple
    Purple

and your point is?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I think the point is that JWs are not as unique as they claim to be.

• pdx
    pdx

My point is that they were offshoots of eachother. The Millerrites, after 1849 disbanded and formed the 7th day Adventists, and the 2nd adventists.

C T Russell was a second adventist, but broke away to form his own religon..

I have only heard of the 2nd adventist connection, and it was new to me that they had any past before that. So I learned somthing new.

The JW'S history as I knew it, is now 50 years older than I thought it was.

So i'm learning and BUCKING UP!

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

So it's all Millers fault - what a b@st@rd!!!

• Huxley
    Huxley

For me, it will never be "Miller Time".

Huxley

• Purple
    Purple

Yeah I got the part about we are nothing new or unique. Its the buck up part I am not sure about. WHat does it mean in your part of the world cause I am sure it does not mean the same thing here unless you are telling us all to p*ss off! That is what buck up means in my neck of the woods. Why would you be telling me to p*ss off? Are you telling me to p*ss off the board or for life in general and what have I ever done or said to you to warrant that kind of language to be hurled at me? See why I am not sure what your point is?

• wednesday
    wednesday

My take on the "buck up" ( would not have been my choice of words) was the jws are just another religion so quit worrying so much cause it isn't The "Truth" u know. We haven't left God, we left a religion that considers it self so special, but after some investigation, really is similar to a lot of religions of that time period it was started in.

• RR
    RR
    btw, there's a lot more dates that miller got wrong...very wrong. i think there's actually like 10 of them.

"very wrong"' seems to fit ... lol ... he predicted 1843/44. It was his followers who eventuially began predicting other dates. He did go along with a latter 1844 date, but he didn't come up with it, Samuel S. Snow did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit