Hi, I'm New!

by Ashley 28 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

Welcome, Ashley!

Isn't it wonderful that there ARE congregations with such lovely names evoking sand and sea like Surfer's Paradise?

I have always wanted to visit Australia, too. AND New Zealand! I guess since Australia and Canada are both Commonwealth countries, it's easier to get work permits?

I have a 17 year old daughter who will graduate high school next year and is planning on attending college, even though she's a bit apprehensive about it. She's seen firsthand how difficult it has been for her Witness cousin to try to make it financially without any university. (The cousin finally went to school to get her Certified Nurse's Aid training and is doing much better now!) We live in the States now. But we lived in Ontario for 7 years, as my husband is Canadian.

It will be refreshing to hear another young person's voice on this board!

Again, welcome!
    outnfree

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Ashley, and welocme to this happy place.

I noted your concern that there may not be real Jehovah's Witnesses on this board. On the contrary, Ashley, there are many "real" Jehovah's Witnesses who meet here. Its value lies in the freedom it offers for us to express our concerns without fear of retribution from zealous elders.

You have probably had questions about the 'Truth' that you have never had answered, haven't you? Could you talk about those things freely in the congregation? No, you couldn't. But, happily, here we welcome discussion on any topic of concern to Jehovah's Witnesses.

So, again, welcome here. We look forward to your contributions.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"Truth persuades by teaching, but does not teach by persuading."
    TERTULLIAN, Adversus Valentinianos

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Hello Ashley,

Travel as much as possible and see all you can see before making any long term plans. College is a great start after high school. Get as much education as possible. I know of a few Jehovah's Witnesses that went on to college and have very good jobs at a young age. They have developed an ability to think in terms and ways they would not of had if they did not learn as they did. Don't sell yourself short and settle for something less. You are young, do what you can to improve your life and don't let others make the choices for you. God gave you a brain to use and develop, use it!

Hope you keep posting.

• Farkel
    Farkel

It looks like Ashley is history here. She just had too much encouragement. She's not used to stuff like that. She went back to the whips and chains and guilt trips from the Watchtower Money-and-Guilt-Trip-Machine and even worse, pioneering.

Pioneering leads to window washing and welfare. This is not good. She's only 17 fer Christ's sake. Will the WTS screw her life up for their glory, too? Gawd, I hope she wises up.

Farkel

• eeyore
    eeyore

Hello Ashley.

Count it as a blessing you have found this board, you now have the opportunity to find out the truth.

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

HI Ashley,

If you're still here, welcome to the board! I started out in the Organization when I was just a bit younger than you. If you have questions, feel free to ask! But I would get an education before pioneering, for sure. When I was your age, we were encouraged NOT to get an education, that Armageddon was right around the corner, and it would be a waste of our time. Now I'm 46, and sure wish I'd gone to college back then! My kids that I wasn't supposed to have time in this system to have sure would have eaten better! Now they're all grown up with babies of their own!

RCat

• Francois
    Francois

Hello Ashley:

Happy to have you with us. Some have already told you that this board may not be what you're looking for. And one person has said that she wished she had known at 17 what she now knows. I'm in that same category. You have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to learn some very important stuff on this board if you will stay and ask questions about everything you don't understand.

Someone also said that they hoped for your sake that you were headed for college. I hope so too. When I was 18, the congregation overseer advised me in the strongest possible terms not to go to college. He said that I would likely not even get a chance to finish my degree because Armageddon was going to be here any day. Well, I will be 58 in not too many years. If I had not gone to college my life would have been nothing but struggle and failure for the last forty years. It's been lots better because I did go to college.

I hope you enjoy your time here and that you will ask pointed and searching questions. We need your fresh perspective.

Best to You,

Francois

• Law
    Law

Welcome to the board ashley, Im finishing high school to this year.
    hope to see you in the chat.

LAW

• jwsons
    jwsons

Ashley,
    Wellcome to the board. The fact is you are here, so you don't care much about the warning on the issue of internet, that our brothers in the KH usually remind us. However, you are here, you will learn many things (most of them are truth about "The Truth")that you may never heard from KH (even though some of our beloved elders may know them, but they can not say even a word to you, for they love their postion than love to expose the true "truth."). I hope you can also read some very useful documents from brother "New Light 2" at the other website so-call "H2O" in order to adapt yourself with things really happening inside WTBTS. Like JanG (from Australia) or Tina (from US)I like to talk to you. They're both good to contact with. I'm rarely visit here for I'm busy (I love to be here more than I can). Open your mind and learn. Forget all the bad languages of some people (keep away from them, I mean). Learn, learn AND don't quit school too soon. Your future depends on your education now. Don't waist your adolesence time with the work (that I should admit now is) "selling books" for a group of greedy people at Brooklyn. They are not non-profit organization,actually, they own 50% shares in a company call Rand Cam (this company also involve in making bombs too-- If you don't believe me, use search engine from yahoo or any web search engine and type "Watchtower own bombs" or type "Watchtower Rand Cam." Patiently a bit, then you will find out (like myself, after 26 years in the truth and worked for 2 Branches, BUT ONLY open the eyes recently to know a sad Truth) When you search like I told you, you will see the name of brother Henshel with 50% shares of Rand Cam engine company, shares now transfer to his wife or daughter name. BUT I still keep a record when it was exactly with Brother Henschel's name, as representative for WTBTS at that company. READ, LEARN and IMPROVE yourself. Again, don't quit school too soon. You should have family latter and rear your children, and this time in your life is important keep studying, don't quit.
    In my honest heart, please understand me, my little one. We all love you,dear.
    The link to shareholder's name Watchtower is here:

http://www.tenkwizard.com/blurbs.php?repo=tenk&ipage=1098910&exp=watchtower&g=

jwsons

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit