Hi, I'm New!

by Ashley 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Ashley
    Ashley

Hi :)

My name is Ashley and I'm 17 years old. I'm from Abbotsford B.C., Canada (an hour out of Vancouver). I have blond hair and blues eyes, thin, 5'5. I'm homeschooled and in Grade 12. I was baptized Oct.30,99. My long term goal is to pioneer. I enjoy listening to music and hanging out with friends like going to a movie. I love Savage Garden. I hope to meet many others here.

Untill than,

Hugs,

Ashley (Addey)-Nickname

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Hello, Ashley. Welcome to the board.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Ashley
    Ashley

Thanks!

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Hello Ashley and welcome to the discussion board.

You may find some who post here will have religious views that differ from the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. But, I hope that you still will spend some time here with an open mind, and also that you further contribute your views. There is room here for all thoughtful persons and we welcome new posters.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hi Ashley, This board may not be what you think it is. But, stick around, and you are sure to learn things you would never learn at the Kingdom Hall. I would give anything to know what I know now, when I was 17. Welcome sweetheart!!

• Ashley
    Ashley

Thankyou very much :)

Um..but I have a few concerns. I read Gulicans or whatever and read the post about the assembly and people's "dis-excitment" for it. I was very surprised to have read a few replies to it and to read that they agree with the "Brother's" opinion on the brother from the great crowd board, who expresse his zeal and excitment for the assembly.
    I did not find the posts very encouraging and christian to make.

I truly hope there are some REAL Jehovah's Witnesses here...

Thankyou,

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

So what are some of your short term goals?

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Hi Ashley, welcome

(hey Frenchy, nice to see you around. Don't care to post much myself anymore, but some threads like this kind of break your heart eh? And there is nothing you can do in the present to make them understand. You just hope for them that they will "some day".)

Path

(PS. Pioneer AFTER university Ashley... Get an education)

• Celia
    Celia

[Ashley, 17. homeschooled and in Grade 12. baptized Oct.30,99.
    My long term goal is to pioneer. I hope to meet many others here.]

What do you mean with : long term goal ? You're going to graduate from HS this June ? College (I hope for your sake) between graduation and full time pioneering ? ! So much to learn, so little time....
    Oh yes, you'll meet lots of very bright and interesting people in here. (I'm not one of them)...
    Hope to meet you in here again soon.
    Celia

• Ashley
    Ashley

I want to find a part time job so that I can pioneer. And I want to travel back to Australia and work there on a six month visa. I really love Australia and it had always been my dream to go there...and still my dream to go back. I had the chance to see Australia a few weeks ag. Me and my mom went together and we visited Cairns, the great barrier reef, Sydney, Brisbane and we stayed on the Gold Coast. We visited Surfer's paradise Congregation which was very nice! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit