We're speaking to folks in your neighborhood

by new light 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wasanelder
    wasanelder

Hey Gretchen if you'll answer the door naked i'll make all kinds of return visits on you

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

How about , " We are making brief and friendly calls in the neighberhood"

The Reasoning book was full of useful suggestions such as

rs pp. 10-11 Introductions for Use in the Field Ministry ***
    ? ?Good evening. My name is ??. I?m a neighbor from (name street or area). Did you see the TV news last night? . . . That report on (mention some current item of concern)?what do you think about it? . . . It is not unusual to hear people ask, What is this world coming to? We as Jehovah?s Witnesses believe that we are living in what the Bible calls "the last days." Notice this detailed description at 2 Timothy 3:1-5.? (See also pages 234-243.)
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

Nah, you forgot to add the intro. words

"Good morning. My friends and I are calling on you and your neighbors.....

• simplesally
    simplesally

We're involved in Christian volunteer work this morning........

• joenobody
    joenobody

"We're speaking to folks in your... aw hell, I really don't want to be here. Can we just talk about your lawn instead?"

• simplesally
    simplesally

We're not here to convert you...........we're here to just offer encouragement from the bible.

• new light
    new light

Oh? You have your own religion? I respect that... really. It's so nice to find folks like yourself, taknig an interest in God. But have you ever wondered.............

• kls
    kls

About What?Blushy Girl

• undercover
    undercover

Just answer the door naked and see if they get through that line!

bwaaahahahahahaha

That happened to me. Hot babe in a see through negligee came to the door. I was about 15 and had a 13 year old sister with me. My mouth dropped open and I couldn't get anything out. She had to take over and give the presentation.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Reminds me of time a CO visited our congo and spent each morning detailing his "very effective" way to overcome objections. He said two most common householder reactions were: 'Not interested' and 'I'm busy.' He said there was one response that would work for both.He'd outline a typical scene at the door:

I'm not interested/busy.

Is that because you have your own religion?

Yes.

What religion are you?

Catholic.

Do you go to church around here?

Yeah, right over here in ....

By now a "conversation" is under way; just go on with your original presentation.

He was one of those warm, fuzzy guys and made this all seem ridiculously simple and feasible.

I was asked to work with him one morning. When we went to the first door, I said I wanted to use his presentation. I did, and then he used it. It went like this for an hour or so. A lot of people were home that day, and we tried it out on a dozen people.

Not one took the bait. We never got past the "Is that because you have your own religion?" They just closed the door on our transparent attempt to engage them in a discussion.

Next morning, he was telling the group all about his favorite approach to overcome objections. "This always works," he said. I tried not to look at him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit