How would the bible be rated

by searcher 10 Replies latest jw friends

• searcher
    searcher

If it was made into a movie in its entirety?

'went before them and slew thousands'

'kill all the men, women, children and animals'

'the song of Solomon'

'Job on his ash pile'

etc, etc.

What rating do you think it would get?

Would you let your kids watch the movie?

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Considering the violence and sex in it I would rate it either an R or NC17.

Devon

• shotgun
    shotgun

Hard to say...right up there with Peter Pan I suppose or the Never Ending Story.

The dubs would name it Eyes Wide Shut and forbid anyone to watch it.

If it were really made into a movie it would be the most violent movie ever produced.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

A 2000 page sleeping pill!

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    right up there with Peter Pan I suppose or the Never Ending Story

Nah, you picked two which are light emotionally and have happy endings. The fables in the bible which are responsible for so much death and destruction over the centuries, are heavy, fearful, and full of pain for the most part (where they aren't mindnumbingly boring in the who begets who section). Even the gospels, which supposedly teach love, end in the murder of the man that brought the message. The latter part goes on to denigrate women and advocate shunning of family, etc. Then in Revelations its back to the violence again.

It would be rated NC17 or whatever used to be X. I wouldn't see it, I reject it.

Gretchen

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Two thumbs down

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

If Haille Berry gets to play the girl in Song of Solomon, I'll watch no matter what rating.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

well, i dont know about the bible .............

but if they made the New World Translation of The Holy Scriptures into a movie, it would be rated "S" for stupid or "I" for idiots

the Watchtower would rate it "6" for 6,000,000 people cant be wrong.Play in your world, live in our world.

• Valis
    Valis

I wanna see the part where the chick slips the guy a mickey in his milk then puts a spike in his melon...and Apocalypse Now Redux...special leather bound DVD edition w/extra scenes, and interviews with the writers themselves. Cameo appearances by Jebus and Jehover on Disc two in the wide screen version. Buy now and recieve a coupon for one admission to The Passion by Mel Gibson. ...This message has been brought to you by Moroni and RandCam, better jet engines for better living.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• freedom96
    freedom96

I remember telling my elder dad that the bible would be an R rating in the movies.

Didn't go over too well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit