Gerwurztraminer

Pinot Grigio

Zinfandel

Dessert whites:

Eiswein

Beerenauslese

Muscadine

Dessert Reds:

Port (includingTawny port and Amontadillo)

Champagnes:

Any middle to upper end will do, but my faves are Martini & Rossi and Korbel( High end, like Dom Perignon, too dry and flavorless, IMHO)

• simplesally
    simplesally

I love a nice chardonnay......the oaky buttery taste.

Gewurstraminer is nice for a dessert wine, haven't had one in a while.

Bolla, Valpolicella red.............hmmmmm

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Ahhh...wine...one of my favorite topics! Most of my knowledge is in California wines, but I am still a little unknowledgeable of Italian and French. Would love to learn more of foreign flavors. But I must say, if you haven't experienced an Italian Amarone, you haven't experienced wine. My absolute favorite! Cheapest bottle you'll find won't be under $35 or so though. VERY NICE! I love almost any reds - cabs, merlots, and red zins. Here are a few of my favorites:

• Franciscan Cabernet (also have a nice merlot)
    • Merryvale Cabernet (very smooth, fruity, bold, and yet slightly peppery)
    • Silver Oak Cabernet (this vineyard specializes in only cabs - great stuff!)
    • Anapamu Pinot Noir (they also have a nice chardonnay - very buttery)
    • Ravenswood Merlot (GREAT buy at $10!)
    • Deloach Chardonnay (buttery, smooth, dry)

Hmmm. It's only 10 am and I'm ready for a glass.

Andi

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I love Merlot, but will drink just about kind of wine.

I have even been known to drink Mad Dog 20/20, or M/D 20/20,,,,,,,,,we call it Mad Dog , down here in Louisiana,,,,,maybe it is know as that everywhere. It is a vile thing to call this wine, but it is.

I will compare myself to the apostle Paul..........I have tasted the fine wine when I was in the city, I have tasted the cheap crap while in the country,,,,,,,,, I have been all things to all men. Wait that didn't sound right did it?

• shotgun
    shotgun

Merlot's with any heavy meal.

An Australian shiraz is nice as well.

BC has a few terrific wineries....wine tours are nice, get to taste a wide variety.

LyinEyes it's taking all my will power but I'll leave your last comment alone....damn it's killing me though...I must leave this thread before I...

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((Dede)))))

I have even been known to drink Mad Dog 20/20, or M/D 20/20,,,,,,,,,we call it Mad Dog , down here in Louisiana,,,,,maybe it is know as that everywhere. It is a vile thing to call this wine, but it is.

Please no. Please don't call that a wine. I try not to be a wine snob, but now you've just gone too far!

I will compare myself to the apostle Paul..........I have tasted the fine wine when I was in the city, I have tasted the cheap crap while in the country,,,,,,,,, I have been all things to all men. Wait that didn't sound right did it?

Okay...I guess you've made up for it by being funny! Hmmm. For some reason, imagining Apostle Paul say "cheap crap" seems so entertaining!

Love you,

Andi

• shotgun
    shotgun

Billygoat

Even Jesus went to weddings where they drank cheap wine..and lots of it.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Yes, well you'll notice he brought the good stuff. Besides, cheap wine is one thing, but I can't remember seeing MD20/20 ever mentioned in the gospels. LOL!

• codeblue
    codeblue

Wow...I would say we could have a great "wine" party if we all got together.

Love_Truth: you listed all the wines...lol...I gotta kick outta that!

I don't judge a wine by how much I spent on it. When we lived in CA we could get wines for $1.00 a bottle and some of them were fabulous (got them at the $1.00 store---for real). I miss living near the wine country in CA...

I think Yellow Tail makes great wines and very affordable too.

Gloria Ferrar makes a great champagne that goes for about $12.00 a bottle...so you don't need to spend $75.00 to get a good bottle of Champagne!!!

Codeblue

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Code blue,

Actually, by no means is that "all the wines", those are just off the top of my head, the ones that really stand out. There are thousands of different wines, many of which I have tried, but those ones really make an impression.

I've seen some other good choices I would second here, as well, like Valpolicella (red), or a good French Burgundy, and Liebfraumilch (Mother's milk, a German White wine variant of Reisling).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit