Its that time of the year again

by Nadsam 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• shotgun
    shotgun

Just spilling the wine would throw the whole place into a frenzy.

galaxy maybe you should drive downtown and pick up several bums and offer them free wine and crakers as long as they don't tell anyone you brought them.

• aunthill
    aunthill

Hi, MOM,

I don't know how you would break it gently to your family that you aren't going to the memorial, BUT, I was thinking about the bOrg's stance that Jesus' sacrifice was only for the 144,000. If forgiveness only takes place when blood is poured out, and the 144K are the only ones forgiven, how can the idiot rank and file Great Crowd ever gain forgiveness for their sins? As long as they are not forgiven, they are still dying in their sin, therefore, they will never live forever!

Just a thought.

Patty

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

Shotgun, ROL that is so funny

Someone should do that.Can you imagine all the bums having a good start to Easter

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I doubt that Mrs Sheep will be inviting me this year.

If I offer to go she will be wondering what devilry I am up to.

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

If someone did call, I would appreciate thier concern and effort. I understand that to them, it is a holy and momentous event. I would be respectful of that fact. Sometimes you should look beyond the people and look at what the significance of the event is.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Jomavrick, I understand where you're coming from and realize that many people are very sincere in their invitations. However, I would appreciate their sincerity more if it extended throughout the year and not just at Memorial time, because then I think that perhaps they're just trying to pump up their stats instead of really caring about me and my spirituality. And I speak from the position of someone who has had NO calls or visits from any Witness since I walked out two years ago.

Nina

• Mysterygirl
    Mysterygirl

I got invited to this wine and cracker night comming up, thing is I don't the person that invited me and when I ask if I needed to bring any cheese he hung up on me. Go fig.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    This will be the first year I haven't gone. Just haven't broke the news to the family yet. Any advice on how to tell them. I am working on my diplomacy. I don't want to go off half cocked. Thanks for any helpful words.

Well depending on circumstances you could always try the "I just dont feel comfortable" angle.

I've decided I'm not going and I think that's the tactic I'm going to try. Let mom infer whatever she will about why I'm not comfortable. I think she thinks I don't like the kind of person I'm becoming. Who cares if she does, I do.

Poztate is going to walk in there proudly and play the life has never been better since Mysterious left card.

• pudd
    pudd
    However, I would appreciate their sincerity more if it extended throughout the year and not just at Memorial time, because then I think that perhaps they're just trying to pump up their stats instead of really caring about me and my spirituality

Cruz, my thoughts exactly.

I have still not decided what to do about the memorial this year. It will be my first year if I don't go. Not even sure why I am even thinking about going ....

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

I'm taking some guacomole with me this year

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit