JW Missionaries in Haiti

by DevonMcBride 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JessieeMay
    JessieeMay

Does anyone know how things are in the Dominican Republic which is on the same island as Haiti? My family lives in the DR and I was just wondering if the need greaters are ok over there and if they would be forced to leave?Or even be able to leave? Thanks

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

FWIW there is no State Department warning for DR right now, Jesieemay

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Wasn't it Ray Franz who wrote that while on a missionary assignment in Haiti while staying with some witnesses that they had a trunk of clothes filled with thousands of Cockroaches. I think he had a problem sleeping that night.

Thats just about the funniest thing I've ever read in a book!@

• little witch
    little witch

Are there any warnings made by the JW's to recall missionary families at all?

Or are they sending them to hostile environments at their own peril?

I ask because jw's are not considered christian overseas in many countries, but dangerous sects and cults.

How in good conscience can the they send people to dangerous places?

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

It appears to me that JWs delibrately stay out of spite in countries that are dictorial or coups etc. Its as if they have a persection complex. You ask me its stupid to put anyone in a country where there is turmoil.

Okay now you can persecute me I am waiting. I think that if they need missionaries it should be persons in their own country as they would look less suspicious lets say in comparison to a caucasions and blacks. (I hope I worded that right no prejudice infered). I mean why stick out like a sore thumb...

Just me thoughts.

Love OrangefatcatOrange Fat Cat 15 Thumbs Up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit