JW Missionaries in Haiti

by DevonMcBride 14 Replies latest jw friends

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

With the political problems in Haiti and the State Dept. warning all Americans to leave asap, I'm wondering if the JW missionaries over there are heeding the warning and leaving or being arrogant and staying.

Anyone know?

Devon

• acsot
    acsot

Devon: You just reminded me that a dub who works two desks down from me has very good missionary friends in Haiti. I'll ask her. I'm still in "good standing" . Back soon.

• acsot
    acsot

okie dokie, so I'm not to send this info along to my e-mail contacts so I'll just do a synopsis on an apostate board .

Things are fine at Bethel, they're not in the thick of things. And of course meeting attendance is up which means that "the Devil is jealous and wants to stir up problems to stop the work". Makes me sick just reading that, people are being murdered and terrorized and it's bring up meeting attendance so that must surely prove Jehoover's blessing. What a bunch of twisted minds.

Also mentioned in this e-mail is that because of following the organization's direction to not get involved in politics Jehoover's people are safe and sound. Then again, it also says that Jehoover's people thrive under difficulties and that worldly people may be shaken out of their complacency and realize these are the last days.

So I guess no matter what happens in Haiti or how many people are murdered or children left orphaned it's all good, good, good.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Thanks for the info. Here is my synopsis of what could potentially happen.

1. The witnesses are being too arrogant/stupid to leave.

2. They will get caught up in the violence and either be killed, hurt, or kidnapped.

3. The Watchtower will post this story on JW Media to show how much they are being persecuted.

Feel free to add more.

Devon

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Dooms day cults always flourish during times of upheaval.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    okie dokie, so I'm not to send this info along to my e-mail contacts so I'll just do a synopsis on an apostate board

LOL at ascot.

I'm sure the JW missionairies will be OK as long as they're not trying to sell Avon along with the Watchtower and Awake.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

now I have some witness version of "Serpent and the Rainbow" in my mind, except the main character is a Jdub missionary looking for the mythical Zombies to preach to

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    I'm sure the JW missionairies will be OK as long as they're not trying to sell Avon along with the Watchtower and Awake.

I don't know about that. This was posted on AOL news:

During the night, truckloads of pro-Aristide gunmen attacked a neighborhood in western St. Marc and burned down seven houses, American missionary Terry Snow said, adding that 15 Americans in his group of 20 missionaries fled Haiti this week. As their houses burned, residents jumped into the sea to get away from gunmen shooting into the air, said Snow, originally from Granbury, Texas.

''These are all innocent people - they are not involved in the political conflict,'' said Snow, 39, who has lived in the neighborhood for 13 years.

''Innocent people are being killed and houses are burned down every day and night in St. Marc and the police are doing nothing.''

Devon

• Valis
    Valis

You would have to be a lunatic to be anywhere near Haiti right now...

For Devon..

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/05/17/1052885441766.html

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Hey Valis,

I remember when this happened. That's why I was wondering if the JW's would stay or go.

Devon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit