Life everlasting and freedom of the sons of god

by blownaway 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blownaway
    blownaway

What is the craziest thing in the book life ever lasting and freedom of the sons of god 1966 book?

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

The omission of the fact that those who claimed to be anointed did not need to satisfy the "two witness rule."

I believe it was written by Ray Franz.

• tiki
    tiki

The groaning creation...and that whole conundrum about being subjected to futility. I had a real problem wrapping my head around that one...and the very fact that I remember it so readily speaks volumes.....

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

My first serious study book with visiting witness....heavy, but good in parts. Actually enjoyed it..back then. ! (1982) An hour plus spent studying it weekly...

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Now for the actual answer to your question:

This was the book that contained the chart pointing to 1975 as the beginning of the thousand year reign. It was also released with the famous talk by Fred Franz that got everybody talking about 1975. No, Raymond Franz didn't write it, he wasn't like that at all. Fred was the delusional resident prophet type that would come up with this speculative false-prophecy nonsense. Today, his successor would be David Splane and his overlapping generation chart.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Yes, as neat blue stated, it was not written by Ray Franz, but rather by Fred Franz. That's the book that kicked off the 1975 craze.

• blownaway
    blownaway

I down loaded it on PDF. I saw the chart showing 1975. I will keep an eye out for the book itself. Thanks. neat blue.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It’s a great book of wacky ideas! I remember being interrogated by the Eldubs once, and they said, “Where did you read such and such?? The Slave never said that.”

I told them it was from the “Sons of God” book.. Their faces were priceless!! 😂😂

DD

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

The faces of being under the influence of cognitive dissonance.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Life Everlasting IN Freedom Of The Sons Of God"

Looking back, it is all nonsense now, but back in 1966 we were thrilled to see that chart pointing to 1975.

Wow! Only 9 years to go... better get busy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit