"would you drink a glass of water if it had just a tiny bit of poison in it?"

by stuckinarut2 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

No doubt we have all heard that well used "illustration" in public talks etc over the years:

"If you were handed a glass of water that looked pure, but were told it has just a tiny drop of poison in it, would you drink it?"

The society has used that illustration at length to say we should avoid all influences of every part of the world.

BUT, as we know, the society has had a track record of errors, false ideas and doctrines. They have procedural problems, and issues with topics such as child abuse.

SO, even though they may appear like "a pure glass of water", shouldn't we avoid them because of the "one tiny drop of poison" they contain??

• schnell
    schnell

They cannot justify the claim that they are somehow special or different from any other religion. Call them a cult, they'll say every other religion is a cult too, and then you're like, "Yeah *shrug*".

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Ironically, I believe they also use that illustration to help people see the

need to be critical of the religion that they're in,

:0)

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

SO, even though they may appear like "a pure glass of water", shouldn't we avoid them because of the "one tiny drop of poison" they contain??

The WT does NOT contain a tiny drop of poison. They are poison. All of it.

OK, now that i got that out of my system, I'd like to add that such analogy is just one of the many examples of their simplistic, black and white way of thinking and teaching. The entire thing doesn't make sense at all. In fact, that analogy is quite faulty when you look at how much "in the world" the WT as an entity is. Just look at their real estate.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great replies!

• JeffT
    JeffT
    At least here in the US drinking water DOES have poison -chlorine - in it. You wouldn't want to drink it if it didn't.
  • Alive!
    Alive!

This illustration used to impress me.

So much used to impress me.

Then one day, over time, more and more....I heard a certain 'tone' in the voice of the Watchtower magazine.

That same 'tone' started to become apparent in public talks and assemblies.

It wasn't a 'tone' that left me feeling uplifted, spiritually safe, secure.

I had to walk away.

• Ding
    Ding

"Failed expectations.""

"Old light."

"Refined understanding."

All sorts of WT euphemisms to get JWs to keep drinking the poison...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"would you drink a glass of water if it had just a tiny bit of poison in it?"

Would you drink a glass of water..

If it had just a tiny bit of poison WatchTower Crap in it?..

Image result for Glass of dirty water

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

If a rival denomination has flaws it's like a drop of poison in a glass of water you wouldn't want to drink.

If the witnesses have flaws it's like a minor imperfection in a diamond that you need a special tool to see.

It's utter shite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit